Costco credit card

Received the CUBE card today. So am I correct that the Costco Cathay credit card is accepted until August 2023? When Costco starts using another bank’s credit card will we have to go through the whole process of applying again? If that is the case I do not want the CUBE card from Cathay because main reason I have a Taiwan local credit card is for Costco.

Costco hasn’t released any official communication about the new partner yet. When it does, they will clarify the situation for us current cathay united cardholders.

It will be painless. Two minute job at the counter and a new one will be sent to you.

Got my Cube card in the mail a few days ago. Haven’t gotten around to activating it, or even translating the instructions that came with it to see if I need to and how to do that. Is there any special benefit to this one that’s any better than the Cathay one I already have? I glanced over the blurb that was posted before and didn’t notice any benefits over what I get from the current Cathay one.

Did you have to apply for the cube card or did Cathay automatically change your card type? I still have my Costco card

My wife received one in the mail without doing anything. If you don’t want the new card you have to notify Cathay that you don’t want it.

1 Like

As long as I can use the Cube card at Costco, I’m ok with the change being automatic :sweat_smile:

I’ll apply for the Fubon Costco card as soon as it’s available

Looks like Cube card has a really messy benefit system. Can anyone enlighten me how it’s supposed to work?

Good question. I don’t know. Maybe not since they only accept Costco branded cards?

As I said above I received CUBE card yesterday. I feel the same. If cannot use at Costco then I do not want it. That’s why I applied for Taiwan credit card in the first place so that I can use at Costco. It sounds like August 2023 Costco is going to use another bank and not Cathay. So that means CUBE is not going to be used at Costco

Begs the question, if Costco is not partnering with a new bank until August, and Cathay are now issuing Cube cards, effectively disabling the Costco ones, then surely nobody can checkout at Costco using a credit card? Does this mean it will be cash only until August?

1 Like

Speaking from experience: You use your card somewhere. Some days later, you can see in the app if you got 3.5%, 0.3% or 0% of cashback. It’s almost impossible to really tell for sure before swiping the card.

1 Like

Yes you the Costco Cathay credit card is valid until August

Even for those who Costco already sent the Cube card to? I was under the impression that activation of the cube card deactivated the Costco card.

How it worked during the last switchover was the new card send out by the old bank didn’t cancel the Costco one, the Costco one just got cancelled by the bank itself when the last day of the agreement happened.

2 Likes

Yes you can use the old Cathay Costco credit card until August. The Cube card is not valid at Costco.

1 Like

Just got my CUBE card in the mail…will activate it later today through their app. I hope Fubon or whichever bank that takes over from Cathay automatically sends us the Costco branded credit card as well without needing to apply. :laughing:

3 Likes

Just came back from Cathay, it seems that the Cube card conversion is not automatic. While I was there to do other things, they asked me whether I would like to apply for the “conversion” of my Costco card to cube (they told me even if I do this I can keep using the Costco card until the very last day).

So I did it, they made me sign the application form, but didn’t ask me any supporting docs, I chose the Mastercard version without easycard. Let’s see when it comes and I do hope they will increase my limit from their stupidly low TWD 60k haha.

1 Like

My limit with them is only $30k :sweat_smile: but I only use it at Costco. Once their partnership ends I’ll cancel the card

well, the costco card will be automatically cancelled the day after the agreement lapses with Cathay.

Still no word from Costco about the new partner, which should be Fubon. But no official statement yet.