Costco credit card

Mine is $300,000 :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Taipei Fubon Costco card will be officially announced on February 1.

4 Likes

Really concerned about this one. Not only Fubon is not exactly among my favorites but I know what a PIB they can be to foreigners. I’d like to be pleasantly surprised if they did not give us grief regarding the Costco card.

3 Likes

So far tbh with fubon have a pretty good relationship. Applied to their TW mobile card, they gave it to me right away without any fuss. True, not very high limit (60k), but I use it only for my phone plan and adding petrol to the car (5% cash back on that).

The app is a bit shite, as the website, for graphics, but it works.

1 Like

One trend I’ve noticed is usually the bank taking over from Costco is a pain in the butt to foreigners but afterwards becomes foreigner friendly due to the pressure Costco puts on them to act such.

Cathay used to be the worst. Originally they wanted foreigners to make $1.5M NT a year which pretty much just was for rich expats sent here from overseas. Now they give Costco credit cards to foreigners like candy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

CTBC issued the Costco cards before Cathay and they’re still a pain in the butt

But I wasn’t around when they issued them, maybe they were better at that time?

1 Like

Applied for and got a CTBC card through Global mall, probably the easiest card to apply for and one of the best money savers with the free parking in their malls!

The other OP is referring to the fact that CTBC doesn’t let us foreigners use ARC numbers as ID numbers, they give BS madeup ID numbers which do not match, and if u r unlicky enough (like me) to have both an account and a credit card eith them, the IDs are not the same, so u need 2 log ins. Also, since the ARC is basically not showing anywhere, u can’t use as a foreigneir CTBC accounts to verify ur identity. Like how stupidly mobile carriers still do now

3 Likes

That and the branch staff are the biggest w*nkers I’ve ever dealt with.

1 Like

The ones in nanjing east rd sec 5 in Taipei yes, the ones near dahu park in neihu, Taipei, they r acrually rather nice. Opened my account without too much fuss when I said I just wanted the line points😂

The ones in Fengyuan are a bloody nightmare

1 Like

New site for fubon card is up 富邦Costco聯名卡 - 早早換 好事加倍多

and it works as well as expected

8 Likes

the world card is very stupid… no real actual justification for the steep annual fee or huge annual fee waiver.

Titanium card it is. Let’s send a good old letter application to Fubon.

2 Likes

Any more thoughts about the CUBE card? Is it useful?

So here are the details of applying for the Fubon card

1 Like

Does anyone have the link for the paper application form? I haven’t been able to find it

found it

3 Likes

Seems decent for cashback and openpoints, so if u shop a lot with icashpay at 7-11 seems a decent card. If u opt for the electronic statement the card is free, and u can have it eith easycard function too

Icashpay website

Anyways, it’s connected to a CC.

Ok, I said something incorrect, refer below:

Icashpay not supported for the extra cashback, but only openpoint wallet… Christ, they make it so complicated these mofos

Just applied successfully online…it was easy for me as I already have a Fubon Momo card so they had all my info (phone number, email, address etc…they even had my Costco membership number!! ). I just had to submit a pic. Applied for the Titanium card with picture, no annual fee.

3 Likes