Costco Taichung

Do they have Clamato juice?

You know, Sodium Nitrate is salt, well saltpeter actually and it’s not artificial by any means at all, as it’s dug up from a hole in the ground.
It’s very commonly used for preserving meat and has been for a very long time.
Besides, do you eat leafy greens? Then you’ve been eating Sodium Nitrate…
Anyhow, I bought some local Vienna style sasuages in the Neihu branch and they’re the best ones I’ve had here.
Also bought some local cooked ham that’s not half bad, it actually looks like ham and not like some chopped up pig ears or something.

[quote=“TheLostSwede”]You know, Sodium Nitrate is salt, well saltpeter actually and it’s not artificial by any means at all, as it’s dug up from a hole in the ground.
It’s very commonly used for preserving meat and has been for a very long time.
Besides, do you eat leafy greens? Then you’ve been eating Sodium Nitrate…
Anyhow, I bought some local Vienna style sasuages in the Neihu branch and they’re the best ones I’ve had here.
Also bought some local cooked ham that’s not half bad, it actually looks like ham and not like some chopped up pig ears or something.[/quote]OK, it’s natural, but I still don’t think it’s something you want to eat too much of:

[quote=“wikipedia”]In the European Union it may be used only as a mixture with salt containing at most 0.6% sodium nitrite. It has the E number E250. Potassium nitrite (E249) is used in the same way.

While this chemical will prevent the growth of bacteria, it is also toxic for mammals. (LD50 in rats is 180 mg/kg.)

Various dangers of using this as a food additive have been suggested and researched by scientists. A principal concern is the formation of carcinogenic N-nitrosamines by the reaction of sodium nitrite with amino acids in the presence of heat in an acidic environment.

Recent studies have found a link between high processed meat consumption and colon cancer, possibly due to preservatives such as sodium nitrite.

Recent studies have also found a link between frequent ingestion of meats cured with nitrites and the COPD form of lung disease.[/quote]

Costo Taichung settling into smooth operations as of 11:45 12/1. Good Entry point off of Highway #1 is the Nantun Interchange @ marker 181.4 - Taichung City(Wucyun W. Rd.), Longjing per freeway.gov.tw/english/Publi … ?cnid=1498

Using Google Maps - - maps.google.com/?hl=EN

you can use 24.132577,120.649109 as coordinates to see where Costco Taichung is located.