Costco Thread 2020

I’m reporting now from IKEA. Got parked and inside before they opened. Who knew IKEA had breakfast. Looks good.
Almost no one here but it’s getting busy fast

3 Likes

Yep, they have a nice brunch. Coffee is good.

2 Likes

oh :frowning:

I’m on my way back from Costco. It’s the normal Saturday crowd. (A lot of people, but not more than normal)

2 Likes

Yes, but the difference is that you’re doing that at home with clean utensils. Costco is doing it in-store with a tool that has been tearing holes in steaks all day. It was probably clean at 6am when they started work for the day. Not so much after two or three hours of processing, so now every steak is contaminated and will go bad rapidly even in the refrigerator. You either cook it or freeze it the moment you get back to your apartment, or else it rots even if it’s in the fridge.

:rofl:

Everyone be at ease; the end of the long national nightmare is over. Beitou Costco has pumpkin pies again.

4 Likes

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

pumpkin pie at zhonghe.

1 Like

Most fridges now have the special drawer for meat that keeps it right around 0°. They work well for medium term storage in my experience.

FIFY

1 Like

The wife and I polished one off in only a few days… it does remind me of being home for the holidays in the States

1 Like

I have a question of life or death importance. Worlds may collide if I cannot find an answer:

Is Costco in Taiwan, or at least the Zhonghe branch, still selling those big tubs of hummus? I’m addicted to the stuff and I. Haven’t. Been. Able. To. Find it. For weeks.

1 Like

And even more importantly than hummus…has anyone seen the big bags of blueberries recently? (Same branch, ideally, and preferably the 5-pound bags rather than the smaller bags of wild ones.)

2 Likes

How about 3 months worth of protein powder.

Last week Beitou Costco had hummus and frozen and fresh blueberries.

4 Likes

Actually, I’ve noted the lack of frozen blueberries myself.

2 Likes

Zhonghe has hummus. No blueberries just strawberries.

Hummus is the easiest thing make. And blueberries, you need to have people to pick them, right now it’s probably limited. Anyway, I’m looking for dried blueberries.