Countertop oven fuse keeps breaking

Can’t find another repair place for Kaiser oven in Taiwan. They are on Chang Chun Road in Taipei. If anyone knows another company let me know please.

That right there should have you looking for other repair places. They don’t know what they are talking about.

The oven’s internal fuse has nothing to do with the circuit in the walls, it is designed to protect the oven itself from overcurrent due to short circuit or faults. If that fuse blows then it’s something wrong with the oven, or the wrong type of fuse is used. Actually the oven has an internal fuse to protect against the oven catching on fire due to a short circuit.

Either the oven has a fault, causing the fuse to blow, but if that is the case then it should be blowing pretty regularly.

If it’s wrong type of fuse, then it is possible they used the wrong kind of fuse, maybe a fast blow when a slow blow should be used. Fast blow means the instant current is reached it blows. Slow blow means it takes a few second above rated current to blow.

1 Like

As noted above the appliance end is the problem.

But for the sake of ruling out the circuit and being able to tell the repair shop that’s not the problem, plug it into another circuit and see if it still goes. Just make sure the breaker on the circuit is rated 16A or above and you’ve nothing else on the circuit when you test it.

1 Like

Again if anyone knows of another place that repairs Kaiser ovens in Taipei area please let me know. I go to place on Chang Chun Road

Anybody competent should be able to handle a fuse replacement. There’s no need to go to a Kaiser dealer unless there’s a warranty issue.

Competent. That is the problem sometime in Taiwan. Finding someone competent to know what their doing. I guess before when under warranty it would have been necessary to go to Kaiser repair company. Now not under warranty perhaps try somewhere else.