COVID 19 - 183 day rule for military service exemption still applies for dual citizens?

dual citizen here. i can’t leave taiwan for work due to virus and the 183 days rule is nearing which means i gotta serve. what to do?

Thank you for your service!

7 Likes

Isn’t service just a few months now?

1 Like

Conscription Regulations for Naturalized Aliens & Returning Overseas Chinese

2 Likes

Why afraid of military service?
All men are doing it - My son is doing it and not afraid.

Hi there,

Did you manage to obtain more info regarding the COVID 19 and 183 days rule?

welcome to the service!

I thought they ended the practice completely. Or are these just the last few years before all the people under the old law pass the conscription age?

If they haven’t already, they should just end it and fill the service with promises of free education and job prospects.

is 183 stay limit still in force for year 2020…covid 19? eh

Sure! I don’t think the people at the conscription office care about Covid 19…

2 Likes

they care. They canceled some activities in consideration of covid19. I don’t think they changed the 183 day rule, though.

isnt there an exemption for military service due to covid19?

I think they changed the rule. Its in Chinese but from what I read based on the translation, it says they are not counting the days if you live in Taiwan as an overseas Chinese with dual citizenships due to Covid 19 pandemic. If that is what it means then from March 10- December 31st those days within don’t count. I don’t know why they didn’t translate this to English. Here is the link although its in Chinese. Do call them and make sure though as I am not sure.

1 Like

Have you even check this link?

Why not?