Covid-19 discrimination in employment

Rather interesting. There is already a case going through the Taipei City Courts regarding a foreign teacher who was fired, he alleges, because he had Covid-19; he was told by an admin at the school that parents had voiced objections about him continuing to work there after they learned of his health condition. Another co-worker named in the case actually died from Covid while the case was progressing.

3 Likes

I think that guy made a post here earlier

2 Likes

Hadn’t seen it. I was down in the high court and heard someone mention it.

It looks like the whole thread got deleted, or at least I couldn’t find it just now in my not very effort-filled search. I didn’t realize the case had gone to court. Some batshit crazy employer he had, claiming people could “relapse” after recovering from COVID

I doubt it. It might be buried in one of the threads somewhere.

1 Like

That’s quite an achievement, considering Taiwan apparently doesn’t have any COVID.

Anyway, it’s a good thing this sort of thing is being challenged in the courts. It’s a complete waste of everyone’s time and money, but the experience in other countries suggests that legal action really is the only way to keep society from steering towards the iceberg that we’re all mesmerized by.

1 Like

Here’s one (I kind of remember it may have been posted more than once). That keyword was the key to finding it

1 Like

We have local cases. We discuss them daily. Please try to keep up.

3 Likes

Must have been some unfinished business because stuff is still going on in the high court re this dispute. There was a lengthy delay because the foreign teacher took a while to get over Covid (or got it again, not sure of the precise details).

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: From coronavirus