šŸ˜· COVID - Arriving on the 12th of October end of afternoon

You could try buying a refundable ticket somewhere else departing on the 13th and then claim you in transit (not sure if transit with separate tickets is allowed?).

After midnight you could get a call that your customer canceled the meeting in where ever and that you would actually rather stay in taiwan. The refund the ticket.

I had a relative arrive just the day before a change of quarantine rules earlier in the year and the old rules continued to apply to them fully, no changes after midnight.

1 Like

Total insanity then.

Thatā€™s right! If he has a check in bag theyā€™ll realize he never came to collect it.Could You then avoid the quarantine thatā€™ll cease to exist for arrival in October 13.

Walk up to immigration, drop trou, spend half a day in jail, bingo

1 Like

What do you reckon the answer will be?

Itā€™s common for checked bags to travel on different flights than the actual traveler, especially if checked in early and/or flight is delayed, so they may just put it over in the corner thinking heā€™s on a separate flight.

1 Like

Yeah how insane when they say the rules change on the 13th and the rules actually change on the 13th. :roll_eyes:

Still feel for the original poster though. Ouch!

Guy

Thatā€™s just substituting one form of confinement with another not better form of confinement.

Itā€™s possible though that youā€™d be barred from entering Taiwan again, so I suppose that could help to avoid quarantine the future.

Guy

1 Like

Iā€™m not surprised youā€™re fine with it, but yes it is crazy ā€¦ and let me explain why.

Person A arrives on 10/12
Goes into quarantine

Person B arrives on 10/13
Immediately sees family and friends

Person A is still in quarantine on 10/13. They had the same exact exposure as Person B, yet they cannot see family or friends yet despite being in the country a day longer.

10/14: Person B is exploring the night markets and having a blast sampling the culinary delights on offer.
Person A waits in hotel for the crime of arriving 12 hours earlier than Person B and is sampling the piss poor hotel food on offer.

10/15 Person B is hiking up Elephant Mountain and breathing in the fresh air while admiring Taipei 101.
Person A is breathing in the stale air of his closet-sized hotel room and admiring the brick wall facade facing his window.

I donā€™t know. Sounds pretty messed upā€¦ and yeah, pointless to me. Maybe you can explain the logic?

In my opinion, everyone should be released from quarantine on 10/13. We can call itā€¦ Quarantine Amnesty Day!

2 Likes

I agree. The announcement shouldā€™ve come with immediate effect with those in quarantine being allowed out. That wouldā€™ve been much more fair

Legal rules donā€™t work like that. Weā€™re seeing the end of an insane legal rule and the end of it will be insane.