đŸ˜· COVID - Arriving on the 12th of October end of afternoon

Well,
My flight will arrive on October 12 around 5pm. I cannot change my ticket as it is too expensive now. What if I stay in the international zone waiting for midnight? Could I then avoid the quarantine that’ll cease to exist for arrival in October 13?
What are your odds? :grinning:
Thanks

2 Likes

It would probably work. But unless you look like you’re actually doing something then they might try to move you along. I guess just keep walking round the stores, going to the bathroom, etc.

My guess is that it will not work and you will need to quarantine.

1 Like

Worth trying though.

2 Likes

Maybe things changed since I have not flown in a couple of years, but I remember the area being pretty small. Is there more than one bathroom even? To hide there for any length of time (6+ hours) would be difficult. Although, I do not see what (if any) rules there would be specifically against staying there, I suspect somebody may notice and ask you to leave.

Do you come with a carry-on only?

That’s right! If he has a check in bag they’ll realize he never came to collect it

1 Like

I think it would be difficult. When we arrived Saturday night they seemed to be shuffling people along keeping them moving.

1 Like

There is no casual loitering waiting area in arrivals which is completely separate from departures on a separate level. No area to blend in so to speak. It’s transit area from plane to transfer through security to exit airport or to security transfer to departure level. To delay would mean to hide in bathroom or toilet or something.

There are only duty free shops but not near the gates. The shop is after walking from arrival gate to just before security.

1 Like

Give it a try and film it. You might make some money off of the attention and get your 1 minute of fame.

4 Likes

This. When I came back last (the day after the removed the PCR requirement) there was really nowhere to go. No shops were open etc
 It was like being herded through a maze. I did arrive early morning though so maybe shops weren’t open yet

1 Like

Good point! Usually they will hold on to it though and I doubt they’d question it until the next day

Well, even with no checked baggage, that won’t work, unfortunately.
As per this official website ć…„ćąƒæȘąç–«çł»ç”±ïŒˆèˆȘ機版Quarantine System for Entry (Aircraft version) - èĄ›ç”ŸçŠćˆ©éƒš the quarantine will stop only for flights whose scheduled arrival is on the 13th. So even if my flight is 7 hours late, I will have to quarantine :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

If you say you lost your passport would immigration put you in a holding area until you sorted an emergency one? I’m not sure long that would take, but I assume ages. Then at midnight, you remember where you put it.

EDIT: I’ve just read your last post. Bad luck, luculuc.They obviously predicted people doing stuff like this.

3 Likes

You could also bring a cleaning staff uniform in your carry-on, disappear in the restroom after landing, change clothes, then find the back door that allows you to get out through the tarmac and make your way to the city. In for a penny

2 Likes

Will they allow those already in Quarantine at 23:59 on the 12th to convert those days from 3+4 to 0+7 or must they serve the original sentence?

I would imagine they’ll know what flight you came in on. There is at least one bathroom, but I dont remember if its before or after the whole “quarantine rules station” that they have set up.

You also have to do online registration about your quarantine before you get on the plane. So the government will be asking where you’re going to be staying. With that in mind, I dont think its a matter of when you go through immigration.

Tbh, 3 day QT if you’re at home is actually really nice. Its an excuse to stay in and recover from jet lag. The only time it annoyed me was when I woke up around 4 am and thought “wow! I’m awake! It’d be really nice to walk around a park as the sun rises!” But lets face it, if I wasn’t supposed to be staying inside, would I really have gone out to enjoy the sunrise?

1 Like

The whole original sentence I guess.

1 Like

Honestly? This is something you/@luculuc will have to find out by calling the TCDC.

If you arrive 10/12, then do they release you from quarantine on 10/13 when it’s officially cancelled? Or do you have to see it through for the full 3 days? If you still do, while other people are arriving and not having to do anything during that same time frame
 then that’s just wrong and pointless.

3 Likes