😷 COVID - Covid Tests to take a flight

Well, how dare they. They, they being the kind folk at the link I gave, say we are free to land, without a PCR, and that such a traveler would be subject to a 10 day quarantine.

Yea; you should call them straightaway and tell them they are wrong. :wink:

SafeTravel, I believe.

…yea. Confusing and it keeps changing.

I don’t know or care who “they” are. I’m going to go with the CDC and the airlines on this one— not to mention the experiences of the hundreds of people I know who have flown to the US this summer, including myself.

No you don’t, you can just get an antigen test instead which is much cheaper.

2 Likes

Ok, and if you ever have that ‘correcting’ itch again, you should probably take it up with the source, which in this case is referenced a few posts earlier, not someone who’s just repeating what they’ve been told.

Anyway, have a good trip wherever you go or whoever you go with.

Interesting! Good to know for the future. When I left in May there were hundreds of foreigners in line at just about every hospital to get PCR tests to fly home, though. If flying with any other type of test was an option, the hospitals weren’t providing them. Hopefully they are now.

I tend to think it’s up to the person making the false claim to back it up, not the person stating the well- known truth. This isn’t anything controversial or unclear. It really doesn’t matter to me if you choose not to believe it. Like I said, feel free to try to board a flight to the US without a test and see how far you get— no skin off my back. I was just correcting the misinformation so that others don’t get in trouble by trying to follow it.

The trip was good. Thanks.

You have to watch out for flights with transit though.

The UK for example accepts antigen only tests, but as my flight was via Singapore I had to get a pcr (as Singapore don’t accept antigen)

Yep, that’s where you’re wrong. I didn’t make a claim, I repeated what I was told by authorities in that state. That’s a fact. If you believe those authorities are wrong, and you’re so inclined, correct them. Addressing me doesn’t change what I heard and that’s indisputable. Address the info, or the source; go beef with them - it’s their information.

Where do I find the list of medical centres that do out-of-pocket PCR testing?

Every link I find from the CDC website about it is dead and it’s driving me slowly insane.

2 Likes

Yes, I’m flying back to the US in August (Asiana via Incheon) and I need to figure out the test logistics. Do I have to make an appointment, or can I walk into any hospital? How long does it take for the results to come back?

CDC’s Chinese site

Has anyone had success traveling to the US on a hospital-administered rapid antigen test? Tai-an is offering them for $1200.

are printable/email PCR tests accepted upon arrival in Taiwan?

Or do I need to have a special stamp on the test? (From U.S)

1 Like

You might want to contact your airline. I feel like going out of Taiwan to anywhere will be filled with less nonsense than trying to get into Taiwan.

In the US, I got an appointment for the Walgreens RT-PCR test they do in the drive thru. It took two days to get my result. It was a lab report and we don’t stamp things in the US. United accepted it. It has to be the right kind of test plus have your name on the report.
There should be two dates on it. Test given and report date. Taiwan will accept the report date which makes it easier for meeting the within 72 hours rule. If there is only the test given date, they will use that one.
One of my friends did the Curative test and that worked as well. She’s back but she is also a Taiwanese citizen.

1 Like

Good to know, I was wondering if Walgreens testing would be ok for Taiwan (much preferable to me because you swab your own nose). the electronic result was acceptable ? (Doesn’t Walgreens email the results?)

They do email the results. I got the RT-PCR test that is sent to to lab. You get two reports - one called an easy to read, then the official report. The official lab report had all the necessary information. I’m reading about Taiwan accepting other rapid tests but I was nervous to try those considering that Taiwan does not have to accept me.

2 Likes

Thanks!