šŸ˜· COVID - Covid Tests to take a flight

Thanks for the info.

But do you know if a PCR test without my passport number on the paper will be accepted at the airport?

Ive been to multiple PCR testing locations and theyā€™ve stated that they usually arenā€™t required to place your passport number in the test result

Where are you going? If itā€™s the US a rapid antigen test showing name and DOB is enough: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html

I am going to Taiwan from America. Iā€™ve been told the passport number does not need to be in the PCR test as long as my date of birth is printed on the test

See the CDC website: FAQs - Taiwan Centers for Disease Control

Q4: What is the format of a COVID-19 RT-PCR test report issued within 3 days prior to the flight schedule time? How is the three-day period calculated with respect to the test report? Is the day of boarding included?
A4: (accompanying measures)
1.Travelers must present a COVID-19 RT-PCR test report issued by a legally-established hospitals and clinics at the place of departure within 3 working days prior to the flight schedule time. As a rule, the test report must be written in English, Chinese, or both Chinese and English (bilingual version); its format and the signature should be made in accordance with the requirements of the local health authority. The content of the result must include the name on the passport of the traveler, the date of birth or passport number, specimen collection date and test report date, the virus name, testing method, and interpretation of results, etc.

2 Likes

The PCR test report at Taiwan Adventist Hospital includes the passport number.

1 Like

My PCR test done at Walgreens in the US does not have my passport number. It does have my name as shown on my passport plus date of birth. For traveling to Taiwan, I was careful to include my middle name because Taiwanese donā€™t understand how we frequently go by our first and last names.

3 Likes

Maybe useful for some Forumosans:

"The federal government has lifted all Covid-19-relevant entry restrictions for people living in Taiwan with effect from Sunday, June 20, 0:00 am CET.
Travel to Germany by Taiwan residents is therefore permitted again for ALL travel purposes from this date. For entry by air, a test certificate, recovered certificate * OR proof of vaccination is required.

Currently only the vaccines approved by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) are recognized. See the website of the Paul Ehrlich Institute (PEI).

Further information, in particular on the requirements for proof of vaccination, is available on the relevant website of the Federal Ministry of the Interior.

• Please note: Proof of recovery consists of a certificate of the COVID-19 disease as well as ONE vaccine dose administered."

Translated from this Article:

Hi All

Just wondering if I could get some feedback? I need a rapid test to go back to Australia (i could get pcr but theyā€™re expensive)

However the hospitals Iā€™ve found that are issuing english certificates for rapid tests donā€™t note the brand of test administered on the certificate, which Australia requires.

When Iā€™ve asked of they can add this the typical response is a polite version of ā€œItā€™s good enough for the US so it should be good enough for youā€

Is anyone able to tell me if their rapid certificate notes the brand of test administered?

The only place Iā€™ve found that is happy to meet Australiaā€™s requirements is really far away :frowning:

Thanks!

1 Like

Has anyone taken the rapid antigen test and then flown to the US recently? One of my tribe wants to fly to the US and is nervous about getting the wrong test. This sounds much better.
https://www.tahsda.org.tw/Register/COVID-19Menu_pcc_1.php

2 Likes

Any one used this test yet? Iā€™m flying home (US) in May and would also like to skip the expensive PCR test. Plus Taiwan Adventist Hospital is convenient for me.

1 Like

Does the USA actually require pre-flight tests before allowing people to enter the country - at a time when other countries are removing such requirements?

The worry with the RAT is that it has to be taken inside 24 hours of scheduled departure time, so that leaves precious little time to go elsewhere if your chosen testing place is chopping testing numbers for the day due to staff shortages etc.

Itā€™s still a requirement, as far as I, and United Airlines know. Much better than ten day quarantine so Iā€™m not going to complain. Plus at least itā€™s not the full priced PCR test.

Oddly enough, the tests only apply to passengers arriving by AIR - so if you lived close to the Canadian border you could fly there when their requirement gets lifted on April 1, and cross the border by land.

Yes.

1 Like

Yes. It works for US travel.

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

what is that all about? is this the cheapest option for a pre-flight test?

You will have to shop around to see whatā€™s being charged for a RAT with documentation of the result. The going rate for a PCR test seems to be TWD3500 for a 1 day turnaround and TWD4500 for a same day result.

1 Like

1200ntd for results in 2 hours.

1 Like

wowā€¦thats pretty good, I need to look into that. Is that just one hospital?