COVID Humbug! (2022 edition)

I disagree. The guy is inside the building and having bad experiences with the elevators, a bit moreso than usual. It doesn’t look fine, but it never did. The guy is far more concerned about all the time to be wasted while stuck in an elevator between floors than about the possibility of all elevators suddenly snapping their cables and plunging down to the Netherworld.

The physical end of oil would be the physical end of oil. In practical terms, you were talking about a “shutdown” currently underway. On the basis of what, a rise in prices? I repeat, that’s not a shutdown.

The actual physical end of oil is something people have been planning for for decades, and the closer it gets, the more serious the planning will get.

Exactly. :yin_yang:

https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/covid-19-international-travel

Your beloved Elbonia is currently on the green list. Dépêche-toi, camarade! :baguette_bread::wine_glass::accordion:

I could give other examples, but why bother? It’s the new trend, and humans love to be trendy. Which countries have not dropped or seriously relaxed entry restrictions recently?

What happened to your faith in the free market, Comrade? Every time the price of oil goes up or down, it’s controlled by the Welfluminati?

Last time I checked, thermometers were fine as long as you cleaned them between uses. So whatever potential danger there was was in the implementation of the idea, not in the idea itself, correct?

Round and round we go…

Yes and no. People have always been believing nonsense. The trendiness of this or that kind of nonsense changes, but the inclination to irrationality doesn’t change that fast.

If the inclination itself is what’s surprising to you (and I think it shouldn’t be, based on how cynical you are overall), then I would suggest the problem might be you just weren’t cynical enough before covid, or your cynicism was focused too much in certain areas.

But there’s a difference between cynicism and pessimism, and I refuse to be outright pessimistic. :rainbow:

2 Likes