COVID Humbug! (2022 edition)

Al Jazeera: "Experts raise concerns about far-right, racist views arising from protest against vaccine mandate for truck drivers.

Meanwhile…

They forgot ‘misogynist’.

2 Likes

We’re living through a bad imitation of the 60’s. Of course Russian spies infiltrated the anti-war movement and in some instances even funded it, but most people opposing the war opposed it for reasons that had nothing to do with Communism.

Same idea now, even down to a smattering of “man I wish we had a leader like Putin” or “Trump is gonna save us!”. No mass movement is complete without a fringe.

1 Like

As long as you’re a citizen and as long as the country is a democracy, who/what the PM is definitely is your problem.

People just want this whole madness to end (and it is madness; no longer a health issue), and it won’t end with the current leaders in legislative branches, executive branches, nor heads of health department (who can act and are acting like dictators).

1 Like

That’s not a church (just sayin’.)

what does that mean?

If you take the whole issue of trampling on the Constitution and make it entirely about non-essential private sector services, that’s called strawmanning. I hope it wasn’t your intent.

You want legal arguments? Gradisca.

1 Like

It’s the East Block of Parliament.

Getting back to what we were actually talking about…

So to take that last sentence again…

Why do you suppose someone like him, an über-rich arch-capitalist, would be there? Could he have pulled off a Bond villain scheme if the system hadn’t allowed him to amass so much wealth? Theoretically yes, because schemes require power, and wealth and power are not quite the same thing. But when you get to that kind of level, they might as well be.

As people have argued before, once you already have the money for so many private islands and yachts and spaceships and whatever else happens to be trendy, what more do you need? “But it’s not fair! I earned that money! If I pay more tax than the peasants, it’s morally wrong!” Maybe you did earn it, but there’s this thing called civilization, and getting it to work and stay working is complicated. It can still work with some people being super-rich, even ultra-rich. But über-rich? There’s a limit to everything.

Exactly. :yin_yang:

South Korea business owners shave heads in COVID-19 curb protest

South Korea’s government has extended restrictions on businesses as COVID-19 cases surge. Business owners say that their hair loss represents the financial loss they are suffering from these curbs.

1 Like

Oh! Sorry. How about “Canadian truckers’ favorite building?”

Or…I guess it’s a type of church? :wink:

2 Likes

yyy … posting a video with JP in it?

What is happening to the world?

Trudeau’s on the run.

If you have Telegram account, search for “Freedom Convoy Canada 2022”.
This morning it had 9,000 members. Now closing in on 13,000.
Every minute or so, someone is posting a video or aerial drone shot from Ottawa. Ain’t anyone getting any sleep in Ottawa at night with those horns and fireworks going off all the time.

2 Likes

I noticed in some Western countries that in their MSM, there’s zero coverage of what is one of the biggest protests I can recall in Canada’s recent history. One would think it was newsworthy :slight_smile:

They’ve already surpassed the longest convoy ever by like 100x.

1 Like

I read that 90% of the truckers are vaccinated, so they aren’t “anti-vaxxers.” Maybe they just don’t like biomedical tyranny?

There are so many people vaccinated who support and/or joined the convoy.

1 Like