😷 COVID - Travel in Taiwan During Covid-19

starting Sept. 12

6 Likes

Taiwan to restore visa-free entry for US, Canada, EU, Australia, and allies

[Taiwan to resume visa free entry for some countries in latest reopening step | Reuters]

1 Like

How is this going to work?

Details on the link above

I mean in practicality. Have you been to the airport recently? It can barely handle the current crowds.

I Agree, to me they did this backwards. The quarantine and airport testing should have been cancelled first. I waited an hour for the test at the airport which btw is a joke since there is no control how the specimen is taken.

No tourist will come here while there is still quarantine in place. Only people who will stay longer than a month.

3 Likes

Did you also pee in it?

1 Like

There is a cap per week, so limited numbers, KHH airport is not full at all.

RIP the Gold Card. Now we have a return of visa running.

Would work just fine…

I predict that the 3+4 rule will become 0+7 by late September.

1 Like

Until 3 hours later TFBI (Taiwan FBI) will stand in front of your quarantine place haha

My guess (previously posted) is October or some time in the Fall.

We shall see . . .

Guy

Good news, although my visa arrived last week.

September is some time in the fall.

Very good news, don’t forget to tell family and friends visiting, to blend in and not stand out, they’re expected to wear a medical mask 24 hours a day :rofl:

1 Like

Here is a list of the countries with visa-free entry restarting Sept. 12:

United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland

Europe (Schengen Area Countries)

Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland

Taiwan’s 14 diplomatic allies

Belize, eSwatini (formerly known as Swaziland), Guatemala, Haiti, the Holy See (the central administration of the Roman Catholic Church), Honduras, the Marshall Islands, Nauru, Palau, Paraguay, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Tuvalu

7 Likes

The optimism you are exuding is a new look for you. :joy:

Guy

1 Like

Switzerland and Norway included; UK not. Up your game, UKers!

EDIT: UK reportedly also included on this list.

Guy