šŸ˜· COVID | Traveling during Covid-19

2 Likes

Still nothing regarding scholarship recipients moving to TW for longer than four months. I dont understand what the intention of inviting someone to live in TW is if you wonā€™t allow them formal entrance into the country.

1 Like

There only ever is one flight from Chiayi to Penghu (and one to/from Kinmen) per day. If you want to travel to the outlying islands, Taipei and Kaoshuing (and Taichung less so, but there are more flights) are better ā€“ flights basically all day, 9am(ish) to 8 pm (ish), though there might be some reduction in general due to no Chinese tourists

Thanks. Iā€™ve only ever flown out of Songshan and I was really disappointed that all the flights were sold out. My friend suggested checking out the other airports in Taichung, Chiayi, and Tainan which I hadnā€™t even considered. Only Chiayi had flights available. I didnā€™t know that one fight was their only option.

Actually, if Songshan was sold out, then I guess you double lucked out! I suppose there are probably less people trying to get to Penghu from Chiayi than the big cities. I imagine Penghu is going to be full of tourists that weekend ā€“ everyone pretending theyā€™ve gone abroad because they got on an airplane :wink:

1 Like

There are Ferries too I think - From Kaohsiung and Chiayi.

3 Likes

Small warning for ferries: I once drove to the ferry near Chiayi (from Tainan). Things got windy, and boats were cancelled, so I had to fly back from Penghu. Which meant getting a taxi from the airport to the ferry terminal to pick up my vehicle.

I donā€™t know often that happens.

Good input I am considering the ferry. Probably more a winter thingā€¦

Ferry was going to be my last option if I couldnā€™t get a plane ticket. I still might try it someday, just for the experience.

Iā€™ve read itā€™s not as rough going as the boats to Green Island and Lanyu. Iā€™ve done those routes twice; I made sure to take motion sickness medicine beforehand, sit under the a/c, and keep my eyes closed the entire time. Made it both times without vomiting, but it was difficult with so many around me losing their lunches.

1 Like

" Moreover, the Minister said that Greeceā€™s incoming tourists will not need to have a coronavirus test prior to travel nor will they be quarantined after arrival.

According to SKAI , the first countries that Greece will allow tourists to come from (that have ā€œgoodā€ epidemiological data) are:

• Cyprus
  • Israel
  • China
  • Japan
  • Australia
  • Norway
  • Denmark
  • Austria
  • Bulgaria
  • Serbia
  • Romania
  • Albania
  • North Macedonia
  • Bosnia and Herzegovia
  • Croatia
  • Poland
  • Hungary
  • Slovakia
  • Czech Republic

Yes China! Anyway Iā€™m predicting Greece will regret opening up for tourists by August.

4 Likes

They are trusting China has the virus under control and will not send sick people abroadā€¦ :rofl: :cry: :rofl: :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Iā€™m glad Taiwanā€™s not on that list. Then we donā€™t have to worry about Taiwanese coming back sick and everyone blaming the foreignersā€¦

4 Likes

Wait, they have China and Japan on their ā€˜yesā€™ list, but not South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, New Zealand, or Australia? Methinks this might be about more than just the virus.

6 Likes

Australia is on there, (5th from the top) though I suspect it would be a tad difficult getting there without changing flights in a country that isnā€™t on the list. Though they just list Countries, that meaning Passports I guess, not where they travelled from?

I cant figure why Australia is on the list (likewise Japan and China), perhaps someone in the Greek Government has relatives in Australia (and a heck of a lot do, heaps migrated in the post WW2 years).

Is the ban on Aussies leaving still in effect?

As far as I know, yes, need permission to leave, with a few exemptions, residents (ARC maybe?) of other countries are OK to leave. Though get this, in another story today, Australia is asking the UK for Australians to be Exempt from Quarantine if they enter the UK, but not to enter their own Country (everyone entering Australia gets the 14 day sentence).

Well hope that will be far off. I expect the Trans-Tasman routes to open first.

I still canā€™t believe that they are planning to accept tourist without testing. It doesnā€™t make sense. While now they are testing everyone, they think that in August magically the virus will be gone.

Heā€™s the minister for tourism so has to promote some kind of plan, doesnā€™t mean they will actually do it.

1 Like

Yes there is still travel restrictions in Canada due to COVID-19.
Letā€™s hope everything gets sorted next month.