😷 COVID | Traveling during Covid-19

Australians should be banned from entering every country in the world as long as their own border is closed.

You don’t want any country to have the opportunity to make money on Australian tourist?

Oh so you are that keen on visiting Australia are you? :innocent:

I just believe in reciprocity, is all.

Yes, seems you do, given this post of yours in another thread a couple of weeks back:

I’m consistent!

Almost all Latin America is closed until June. So most Europe. It is SOP.

We cannot travel safely. So, responsible people board up.

2 Likes

Right now for most Aussies, they are not allowed enter another country (really not allowed to leave) or even until recently no interstate travel. Results: Fewer COVID cases and in case of New Zealand GONE. Thus, schools have re opened (in person) while in the UK/States and Canada most are closed and in the case California State Uni (all 23 campus 200,000 students) will not do in person class for ALL of 2020, and Cambridge (UK) will not return to normal till summer 2021 Cambridge University cancels face-to-face lectures until fall 2021 - ABC News

So I am all for this, if get/keeps life here (Taiwan) or other homes (NZ/Hawaii) normal. When I call the UK/USA/Canada last week for work related calls, we talk about life here and there and none of people I talk with want what’s happening there (UK/USA/Canada) and they would be like here or NZ/Aussie and most would welcome a travel ban in 2020 if it gets local life back to where it was last year.

Cool, so let’s just go back to medieval times and living behind walls, and scrap all our airplanes. Green new deal! Let’s all be farmers!

1 Like

If saying the same thing again and again and again is “consistent,” then I suppose yes you are.

Guy

I’ve met some foreigners that got held up in Taiwan before the border closed and they are not thinking about leaving.

1 Like

Good idea … oh, wait, we need to use boats?

consistent
/kənˈsɪst(ə)nt/
adjective

acting or done in the same way over time, especially so as to be fair or accurate.
“the parents are being consistent and firm in their reactions”

(of an argument or set of ideas) not containing any logical contradictions.
“a consistent explanation”

Just as well as they can’t.
Will be made to though when the 3 month foreign visa extension for them ends.

Yeah, labeling Minister Chen a xenophobe, when others are presenting clear evidence to the contrary.

I hope you can sort this out.

Guy

I really don’t think they can keep the borders closed until October, or even next year as a recen’t article by the K-Man alluded to.

Taiwan is a trading country, and that means business meetings, dinners, Kaoliang. Can’t do that over Zoom.

Computex drives too much in sales/revenue for companies to cancel it. The show will go on, hell or high water.

No need to become a farmer, we still have cargo planes bringing in whatever you want fresh, from wherever. There’s a big difference in going back to medieval times and not having the option of travelling where you want.

https://www.arabianbusiness.com/transport/447102-emirates-resumes-passenger-operations-heres-what-to-expect

1 Like

Float the Kaoliang over to China the way China floats their African Swine Fever Pigs to Kinmen. Demand $$$$ for it. Simple solution.

Edit: I just remembered that someone I know who works for KKL said Kaoliang isn’t actually that popular in China. The money to be made from Kaoliang comes from the price mark up on the main island of Taiwan vs. on Kinmen. Naturally, Chinese tourists who travel to Kinmen sample Kaoliang and bring some back, but that’s not the target market.

They can open the borders but I guarantee that conferences will not be a success.

The problem is that anywhere that large crowds gather indoors is an absolute no-no. Companies are not going to send their staff and even if permitted many simply won’t go . Even for meetings internally in companies , they are almost all cancelled.

It’s really shit but that’s it…

1 Like