😷 COVID | Traveling during Covid-19

Very true, we delayed our regional meetings to October and we will see if that works? The hotel/ meeting halls have been very flexible in allowing changes without massive fees.

These ‘Three Cs’ promoted in Japan look like our new normal. Avoidance of the 3Cs seems to have successfully contained the outbreak in Japan (along with wearing masks). I don’t think our org will have any regional meetings this year. Many Intl conferences delayed to next Jan , I am skeptical about attendance. Can we do outdoors ? :sunglasses:
How about you find some outdoor beach settings for your meeting ? :grinning:

1 Like

there so little international passenger flying these days.
EVA for example had something like 18 flights a week from TPE to and from SFO each way. Now down to ONE flight a week ! And its something like 1600 USD round trip. Up from usual 700 to 1000 dollars.

Spore Air wont refund tammys ticket this month to JKT from SFO> just gave her credit for future purchase. NObody can transit through Singapore airport right now (same with TPE ).

And there is nobody with direct flight from USA to Jakarta.

So shes stuck

Jetstar even though she can’t board her flight SIN to JKT wont refund a dime of her ticket or even give her a credit for future flight. And these flights are all booked direct with airline. Goes to show, budget airlines, you better watch out.

At least they are cheap.

1 Like

The taiwan govt may extend these as the situation warrants.

May? No one knows. I know when my 180 day extension is finished “I” will have to leave the Country, I’m on Tourist visa not business.
I think Maybe the October 1st date for Tourists May be deferred until next year?

maybe this question is best asked here:
“anyone have a link to the current required quarantine conditions on re-entry, for Taiwanese nationals & ARC/APRC holders?”

Is it home quarantine, or barracked?

A sticky thread would be really useful in these times, with up-to-date info for all classes of folk on the ROC (locals, ARC, APRC, students, visitors).

I wouldn’t be surprised to see this happening, but I hope not.

Let’s see if I can get it right this time!

Of possible interest to some forumosans: transiting in Hong Kong International Airport (suspended since April) will apparently be possible again starting June 1.

Source: https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/component/k2/1528356-20200526.htm 1

Guy

4 Likes

Just another way of raising Cash. They own the Aircraft, so look to sell them to a Leasing Company and Lease them back for a set term. Many Airlines don’t have that Luxury as they lease most of their Aircraft.

1 Like

https://www.thelocal.de/20200526/germany-set-to-lift-travel-warning-for-31-countries/amp

1 Like

There is something that just came to mind.
Just suppose one of your family members (mother, father,
brother, sister, or grandparents) passes away and you need to
go on a funeral leave. With the current border closing situation
How will be able to return to Taiwan if they give you a funeral
leave?

Ask your local TECO. They’d probably grant you access in to the country, but you’d be in quarantine for two weeks.

If you have an ARC you don’t need anyone to give you anything, just go and quarantine on return.

That’s enough time gone.

Special visas are being issued for this reason

Perhaps the start of getting things moving again in Asia…

1 Like

Most funeral homes are limiting services to 10 people.

A lot of services are fully online.

There’s a been quite a bit in the news about how there’s no closure after a death with this, but it’s what’s being seen as the “responsible” thing to do.

Would it be worth it to leave Taiwan, quarantine for 14 days upon your arrival home (at which point the service would likely be over), do your mourning over Zoom anyway, and then come back to Taiwan to quarantine for another 14 days? It might give you better closure, but it’d be a month of quarantine so that you can have a few hours of a socially distant service that you could have attended in the same way from Taiwan…

1 Like

https://www.immigration.gov.tw/5475/5478/141457/142068/227503/

newly arrived students are mentioned.

The NIA urges newly-arrived foreign students to make an application for the ARC at home,