😷 COVID | Traveling during Covid-19

How do you feel about being stuck at home (no exit!) for 14 days?

Guy

1 Like

July is too far out with too little known for anything beyond pure speculation.

Look how Philippines went from all out ban to full reversal over the course of a week.

Just keep your ticket and decide in June based on how this has evolved - you’ll still have enough time to get a good price on a flight.

And if it does escalate by then, chances are your current airline or your credit card will take “coronavirus” as enough of a reason to refund you.

I hope everyone here is now prepared for that sort of thing! No one wants it, of course, but any of us could happen to be in a restaurant or classroom with someone who later turns out to be carrying the virus, or in a taxi used by someone else who had the virus. I’d say it’s probable there are going to be a lot more home quarantines on this island over the next few weeks.

1 Like

I’m headed out of Taiwan later this month, returning in mid-March. As things stand my return flight stops in Hong Kong … so that’s not happening since as things stand Taiwan either isn’t accepting entry to anyone who’s come through HKG or is subjecting them to 14-day quarantine if entry is accepted.

Because the situation is so fluid - in part because accurate information isn’t available - I probably won’t change my return flight for another two weeks. I can only hope things become “known” by then. While my situation isn’t life-threatening, it still sucks.

On a return flight last year, I missed the EVA strike by mere minutes. I reckon the gods are punishing me now for my good luck then.

3 Likes

I left Taiwan on February 3 on Cathay to Australia via HK. In the week prior I was getting worried that the TPE-HKG flight might get cancelled, but fortunately I just beat that.

My return in another 17 days (unless the TW cases goes pear shaped) will be on China Airlines, which is direct. I am more concerned about this new health declaration form that has to be filled in on arrival and the long delays that it will cause, and it seems the E-Gate is still a no-no for foreigners.

2 Likes

Someone told me he has a flight for HK in March. He is going to cancel it as he thinks the company could go bust if they are still out of action.

My company just cut travel to Singapore and Thailand, confirmed case at one of our Singapore offices (not my company, another in the same building). My guess (again my guess), there will be larger Gov’t travel restrictions for both soon.

Absolutely fine. Almost like any other day.

I do not live in a condo/apartment/townhouse or “luxury” community. So, it’s almost like I’ve already self-quarantined myself from the nightmare of Taiwan’s typical housing situation.

1 Like

if thats based on chinas numbers on sars then we can say its also BS.

Have a look at the website for the Airline concerned, it will spell out what is cancelled etc and he can maybe cancel now without any penalty.

Nice. I just called to change my ticket.

The airline has so far cancelled all tickets to HK and ROC(the settled name on the website). I’m not taking any chances … Even though it’s July. After I explained that even a stopover puts me at risk of quarantine, they explained that since Taiwan has officially announced this, everyone can have one free ticket change.
I’m going to stopover in Korea… Fingers crossed they don’t get an outbreak
:mask:

3 Likes

Don’t worry. If they do, @IbisWtf will certainly Press F for respect to you.

5 Likes

Damn…

Take care of yourself!
Use mask all the time and wash your hands frequently!

1 Like

多喝水

1 Like

For anyone who heard some kind of medical advice in the Taiwan, that goes without saying :grin:

• Did you catch a cold? 多喝水
  • Fever? 多喝水
  • Food poisoning? 多喝水
  • Had a taxi cutting in front of you causing damage to your vehicle and some broken bones? 多喝水
  • Are you completely fine and healthy? 多喝水 just in case :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
9 Likes

But it has to be warm water! Cold water will kill you! Or something.

3 Likes

Well, being hydrated is important.

1 Like

Smoke more, chew more binlang, drink more liquor, might kill the virus.

1 Like

And cheese, cheese will kill you too.
Also meat!