😷 COVID | Traveling during Covid-19

Well you should denounce it indeed.

Normally, there is a closed space with a transparent board to serve “customers”. Even if this is in place, masks should be worn.

Was this by local or Taiwanese employees?

Coming to Taiwan from the Philippines? Starting this Sunday July 26, expect to be tested.

1. If you are Taiwanese, a foreigner with an Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) [or presumably an APRC, etc], a migrant worker, a foreign student, or a diplomat, expect to undergo testing for the coronavirus upon arrival at the airport, whether or not you are presenting symptoms of the virus. Those with symptoms must go to a quarantine center to await results of the test. Those without symptoms, must go directly to their homes or check into a quarantine hotel to undergo a 14-day quarantine.

2. If you are a foreign national who does not hold a residence permit in Taiwan, you will be required to provide a negative COVID-19 test result issued within three days prior to boarding the flight to Taiwan. Upon arrival in Taiwan, you must immediately begin home quarantine for 14 days.

Source: https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3973269

Guy

1 Like

That actually makes sense. Test everyone.

1 Like

I assumed that this would have been done already. Self quarantine for sure.

You want to come here and threaten our health, get tested and pay up.

1 Like

I don’t mind testing and quarantine as long as Taiwanese have to do the same. After all, Taiwanese continue to bring it back here.

4 Likes

It was mostly Taiwanese employees with one local. There was an office space behind a transparent board (for customers). In the office space there were ~5 people sitting in desks. They weren’t close to each other, but it was still an enclosed space.

If the post-test action is quarantine, regardless of the test outcome, what’s the point in testing?

The Philippines probably has thousands more cases than they’re actually reporting. They have made no serious attempt to control the spread of infection and have several policies that almost guarantee transmission - for example they have “quarantine centres” where people are all thrown together in dormitories, and “contact tracing” systems that require people to all stand around filling in their name and address using a communal notebook and pen. If you don’t have covid-19 to start with, you’ll definitely have it by the time the government has protected you.

In case anyone is wondering - I reached out to EVA Air’s operations team, sent them a copy of my NWOHR passport to review, and they concluded that I do not need a pre-travel COVID test. Though I’m going to go and get one anyway.

So sounds like all Taiwan nationals do not need a pre-travel COVID test, whether citizen or not (e.g. NWOHR).

1 Like

Test so you do not get on the aeroplane ill, some lower chances of spread.

But the test is on arrival.

1 Like

oh, did not read it well ! Then faster trip to to Hospital vs. hotel or home.

1 Like

A Taiwanese man was in Japan for working holiday and come back to Taiwan a few days ago

He wear protective clothing , masks , googles , diapers, and follow the rule of not taking off the mask at all times.
However, on the flight back to Taiwan, there was a couple who They had no protective clothing and not even wear a mask

Feeling Seoulful? Able to get a visa and pay for an expensive quarantine hotel?

If so, starting August 16 Scoot may be able to help you out:

Guy

1 Like

I’m booked on Emirates to leave Taiwan for UK Heathrow on 28 August, i’m hoping they will cancel for me! rising spur of virus in Uk and Europe now, months time could? be bad?

1 Like

Oooo thanks for sharing! That’s my plan

I’m vary worried about the UK. Some places have locked down again it seems.

So am I1
I’m booked to fly out to UK on 28th, Hating the latest news.
Gets any worse I’m going to immigration begging with tears in my eyes to stay longer.

Hello,
Does anyone have info about how to book the quarantine taxi from the airport to Taipei? Does it need to be booked in advance or can we get one upon landing?

Upon landing. Just ask the volunteers where to stand in line.

3 Likes