šŸ˜· COVID | Traveling during Covid-19

Iā€™ve seen that video.
Apparently itā€™s coming from AIT (or someone from inside AIT), from what someone who sent the video told me (whoā€™s not from AIT). Thatā€™s the last time Iā€™ll use AIT that may times in a thread.

1 Like

Imagine 9 months ago, someone wearing this dress tries to enter the airport ā€¦
sirens!!

Turn up the AC! Or is it down?

Hi all
My wife is currently & home under quarantine after arriving today. She filled up the health form at the airport and got the SMS on the phone to verify.

I donā€™t remember where, but I read somewhere that they message you on Line? She hasnā€™t received any messsage on Line as yet so is there anything to worry about?

Also, do they issue you a thermometer with a barcode or something? She wasnā€™t given anything like that.

2 Likes

Has she got a phone call to her linked cell # by local precinct police officer?
The police officer should ask her if she has LINE account, and if answer is yes, then someone somewhere auto-syncs her number with CDC LINE account.
Police officer will also ask if card thermometer is needed.

1 Like

No not as yet. Itā€™s been 7 hours. Maybe they call later? She got a link by SMS from MOHW and when you click on it, it shows you a form with your information.

Whatā€™s a card thermometer?

Itā€™s the same size as credit card or MRT card.
Has area on it that you hold against forehead for maybe 10 seconds. Then a number in Celsius appears for your temperature.

1 Like

Oh ok. Thanks. I guess if they call she can ask for it.

or she can proactively dial 1922 to ask about it.

1 Like

I have the video. They are hanging out as if it was the most normal thing in the world to wear hazmat suits to the airport.

Then, one has to wonder: the Chinese wear this, the West says itā€™s a hoax/refuses to wear masks. Something is fishy, I tell ya.

Of course, lots of bureaucracy is involved:

The couple is in a long-term relationship/partnership and both partners have met in person in Germany at least once or the couple had a previous shared residence in another country until recently [ā€¦]
A declaration of the existence of the relationship signed by both Partners must be presented to the Immigration authorities when entering Germany [ā€¦]
Corresponding proof has to be presented in form of e.g. photos, entry/exit stamps in passport, social media.

So thereā€˜s definitely some risk that the authorities deem some proof as not sufficient and deny entryā€¦

Very risky to fly this way. The immigration officer can just send you back

The notification everyone wants to see. Been a long 14 days.

7 Likes

Welcome to Freedom!

1 Like

For Taiwan, has anyone applied for a special entry visa from a US-based TECO for business travel? Is the process as simple as it appears for an American? (Phone tag and e-mail have not resulted in much clarity.)

Also, the Taiwan aviation stats site lists a load factor of 60% for the first half of the year. How should the value be interpreted with regard to reports of near-empty flights? (EVA flights are fuller than China Airlines, that destination always has high traffic, numbers are wrong, ???)

Finally, how common are the tyvek suits on planes from the US? Some = 20%? 50%? 75%?

Iā€™d say the value of Premium Economy seats has plummeted. My guess is that Coach class passengers havenā€™t had this much room since the 1990s or so.

I think as long as social distancing is a thing, there will be plenty of room in Coach.

I flew LAXā€“>Taipei in late April. I estimate 25% of passengers wore tyvek suits, tyvek hoods, and super duty facemarks. I estimate about half of those passengers had shed all of the above 6 hours into the flight.

3 Likes

My husband got the visa from Teco Houston. Besides the typical application, you should add a letter explaining why you need to be here, and where you will quarantine (describe the place so they know itā€™s sufficient). He also had to attach a proof of insurance letter. It took about 2 weeks to process.

2 Likes

Very helpful. The proof of insurance letter bit will save one round of communication. Thanks!

1 Like

I need to leave Taiwan to apply for a spouse visa. Canā€™t apply in Taiwan, which is annoying. I know lots of European countries are accepting people travelling from Taiwan without quarantine, but would prefer not to travel that far. Are there any countries closer that I can travel to without quarantining?