šŸ˜· COVID | Traveling during Covid-19

Singapore

• Individuals who hold a Covid-19 vaccination certificate issued by Taiwan will be allowed to enter and move freely in Singapore as long as they have been inoculated with vaccines authorised by the World Health Organisationā€™s emergency use listing.
4 Likes

Not quite. PCR test required upon arrival at the travelers expense (SGD150 it seems). Then proceed to nominated Self Isolation address and await result. Can go free after a negative result, but still need daily RAT tests (at travelers expense it seems), some under supervison, some not - for the first 7 days.

It is after all Singapore, nothing is easy.

1 Like

every day i regret getting the Medigen shots. iā€™d love to visit my friends in sgā€¦

Meh just go get some boosters that work

1 Like

im unclear on the policy there. if i get a ā€œlegitā€ WHO approval stamp booster, does that count as vaccinated? enough for travel i meanā€¦?

If youā€™re referring to the Singapore entry regulations, youā€™ll need to cross-check what Singapore is asking for. Let us know if you can.

Guy

will do. i can go anytime (wealthy friends, lucky me). itā€™s just the whole coming back to taiwan thing. itā€™s ALWAYS the coming back to taiwan thingā€¦

1 Like

If coming back to Taiwan is the issue, vaccination status is not likely relevant (at least after the 7 + 7 scheme ends in mid-February).

Guy

Iā€™m just guessing, no clue, but might need to get two full jabs of approved vaccine, regardless of previous unapproved.

I suspect they may come out with some additional guidelines next couple weeks or month or something

1 Like

The CDC did mention something about people who had received Medigen being able to get doses of something else to enable travel, so it may be worth ringing 1922 and asking.

1 Like

Singapore now recognise the Taiwan issued vaccination document, so I suppose (?) that is also issued for shots of Medigen

3 Likes

Be careful. They recognize the validity of the document, just as the EU does.

But if the document says ā€œMedigenā€ - that is NOT clear.

3 Likes

Medigen is not the WHO list, hence it is not acceptable for this purpose when travelling to Singapore.

Guy

Holy crap. Going through an airport this empty must feel strange.

TAIPEI (Taiwan News) ā€” Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport saw a record low of 638 passengers pass through on Lunar New Yearā€™s Eve, reports said Tuesday (Feb. 1).

A total of 393 travelers arrived at the countryā€™s main gateway on Monday (Jan. 31), while 245 left, according to a report by the Liberty Times. The total was even lower than the 670 recorded for Lunar New Yearā€™s Eve in 2021.

5 Likes

Any takers?

Guy

Iā€™m going to Canada to visit family this summer. But no frigginā€™ way Iā€™m going anywhere international as a tourist in the next few months, probably not until next year. The risk of being stuck quarantined in a hotel or, even worse, a foreign hospital? Nope, not worth the risk.

1 Like

Open they say? Read the small print. The only difference is ā€œTouristā€.

"ā€¦ but just a handful of visitors will be on board to enter strict quarantine on arrivalā€¦

ā€œA Garuda Indonesia flight from Tokyo is scheduled to arrive in Bali in the afternoon, with six foreigners and six Indonesians aboard.ā€

" ā€¦ Vaccinated tourists to Bali must quarantine between five and seven days at hotels or on vessels offshore ā€¦"

1 Like

None of that sounds promising does it.

Guy

1 Like

Indonesia of course is one of the countries that claimed Zero cases for quite a while after the rest had closed doors. Of course they had heaps of PRC Tourists whose money they wanted, so best not to scare them away. And when they did close the door on the PRC Tourists, it seems that they decided that a Chinese Placebo ā€¦ errr Vaccine ā€¦ would be their choice of Vaccination. (They decided after a while that other brands were needed too).

And we wonā€™t mention the Indonesian Workers that were turning up in Taiwan with Negative PCR tests, only to test Positive shortly after arrival - the CDC and MOL even banned some Indonesian Labour Hire Companies after that con job was discovered.