😷 COVID | Traveling during Covid-19

I suppose that’d depend on the type of hotel, and if you’re stuck in your room, or can roam a resort at will. Heck I think with some of those resorts you may have your own private little villa with a verandah and small pool.

But my fear would still be what happened to me if I tested positive. What happens then?

It’s Indonesia, pay the right money to the right people, and you would be able to roam.

Pay the right money to the right people and the Test result will read Negative.

1 Like

Looks like you are in luck, just 5, all supposedly 5 star resorts, and yes not confined to your room either, just stay within the property boundary. I bet its not cheap though.

1 Like

This sounds similar to the Phuket Sandbox. Quarantined to the island of Phuket; need to check in with your hotel every evening and do a second test after 5 days.

1 Like

Whats the deal with getting a RAT test for International travel - book an appointment at the same places that do the travelers PCR tests?

Some countries only require a RAT test for entry.

What is a rat test?

Rapid Antigen Test

I was thinking it was where they lock you in Room 101 until you name at least one anti-vaxer.

2 Likes

The proposal, which will be submitted to the Prime Minister for approval, follows similar reopening steps taken by other Southeast Asian countries like Thailand and the Philippines, where the Omicron Covid-19 variant has caused a recent spike in new infections, but fewer hospitalizations and deaths than previous variants.

The proposal includes maintaining a one-day quarantine requirement for visitors plus requiring negative Covid-19 tests before departure and on arrival.

5 Likes

I got all excited thinking that maybe I could do my traditional Tomb Sweeping Holiday in Vietnam. Then I remembered I’d have to quarantine when I got back to Taiwan. Lame.

3 Likes

Signs of things opening up in Japan too.

And yes, its one thing for another country to open the door, but when you return to Taiwan you still have at least 7 expensive nights to pay for in the Hotel Q.

1 Like

There’s plenty of room at the Hotel Quarantino
Such a lovely place, such a slap in the face

4 Likes

Padlocks on the windooows
The shit food is cooold
She said, “Your wife tested positive, you’re here another week.”

4 Likes

Singapore is dropping Covid test at arrival on airport.
https://safetravel.changiairport.com/arrivalswabtest/#/

Just self test at hotel now.

5 Likes

I seems that a PCR test within 48 hours before departure to Singapore is still required though? In any case, one less hurdle.

1 Like

Everyplace in the world will be open but Taiwan, China, and N Korea. That’s really something to be proud of :frowning:

Indonesia is considering lifting all quarantine requirements for inbound travelers in April, as Covid-19 hospitalizations and fatality rates remain under control despite a resurgence in cases.

In the mean time, the required quarantine period is reduced to three days from five for incoming travelers who have received a third dose of vaccines starting next week,

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-02-14/indonesia-eyes-lifting-all-quarantine-requirements-around-april

2 Likes

The World Health Organization this week recommended nations lift or ease their existing COVID-19-related travel restrictions, saying they could exacerbate economic and social stress related to the pandemic.

The new recommendation was made Wednesday by the WHO’s International Health Regulations Emergency Committee on COVID-19 following its most recent meeting.

The report says countries should lift the bans and restrictions because the committee found “they do not provide added value and continue to contribute to the economic and social stress experienced” by citizens.

6 Likes

Does anyone know if Taiwan accepts the Rapid Diagnostic Test (ID NOW) for travelers from the U.S.? The Taiwan CDC website only obliquely mentions NAAT tests but doesn’t clearly state whether they’re accepted for travel to Taiwan or not.

: The Rapid Point-of-Care (POC) - NAAT (ID NOW) test also detects genetic material (mRNA) of the virus. The test is performed on site with results available within 24 hours.