šŸ˜· COVID | Traveling during Covid-19

Taiwan demands a PCR test taken within 3 days prior to departure, no matter what country the passenger is coming from.

2 Likes

Japan just re-opened to business travelers. Iā€™m cleared to go there in mid-April.

5 Likes

how do you prove the trip is for business rather than vacation?

I have a Japan business managerā€™s visa.

3 Likes

Philippines to accept Taiwan yellow vaccination card starting 8 March.

3 Likes

One hopes the outcomes will be better than what this guy experienced in February. :doh:

Guy

1 Like

I wonā€™t have to quarantine when I go to Japan on business in April based on being triple vaxxed and coming from Taiwan.

2 Likes

So youā€™ll be doing the quarantine in Taiwan after returning from the US. Great to know you wonā€™t need to do it again in Japan.

Guy

Yup. Ten days in Taiwan and then free range in Japan a few weeks later. Strange days . . .

3 Likes

Malaysia will reopen its borders fully from April 1 and allow entry without quarantine for visitors vaccinated against COVID-19, Prime Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob said on Tuesday.

Malaysia has since March 2020 maintained some of the tightest entry curbs in Asia to try to contain coronavirus outbreaks, with most foreign nationals barred from entry and returning Malaysians required to undergo quarantine.

The Southeast Asian country will begin a transition to the endemic phase of COVID-19 from next month, Ismail Sabri said in a televised address.

1 Like

Jeesh. And their population is what, 3 times or more that of Taiwan.
Is it only the foreigners in Taiwan that now think Czar Chen has lost his marbles concerning this quarantine sheet?

2 Likes

As of April 1st, Canada will no longer require COVID tests for international travelers arriving in the country. If Iā€™m reading this right, the unvaccinated are allowed in, but do need tests.

I had a quick look at EVA and they just seem to care about the regulations of the country youā€™re going to - but I wouldnā€™t be surprised if I missed small print somewhere saying that anyone boarding an EVA flight, no matter the destination, needs a test. However, Iā€™m not flying until July, so Iā€™m not going to dig too much into the regulations for a while.

7 Likes

England updated its travel guidance on Friday to remove all remaining hoop-jumping for arrivals. Neither vaccinated nor unvaccinated travelers need to test, quarantine, prove their vaccination status, or anything else.

The professional bedwetters (Independent Sage and their ilk) are of course predicting the apocalypse (again) but it looks like nobody is listening to them. Letā€™s see if other countries follow.

Anybody know if Taiwan authorities require a COVID test to get onto a plane?

2 Likes

its absurd that the use still requires themā€¦lol

"International travellers will have pre-departure testing requirements removed after the Health Minister confirmed a raft of changes to how Covid is handled in Australia.

Travellers previously needed to show a negative Covid-19 test in order to board a flight to Australia, even if they were up to date on vaccinations.

But from April 17, that rule will be scrapped."

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/predeparture-test-no-longer-required-in-major-change-to-international-travel/news-story/8080ddfe9f5166a3f99b6406a7bf9650

4 Likes
3 Likes

Philippines latest 1 April.

2 Likes

. . . if they actually recognize Taiwan documents this time. :neutral_face:

Guy

My flight to Thailand is in a month, problem is now thereā€™s going to be a higher chance of catching it here and I really donā€™t wanna land in Thailand and test positiveā€¦

1 Like

Not really a higher chance of infection, theyā€™re at 25k a day that they know aboutā€¦ In Thailand itā€™s just not being picked up anymore. Thereā€™s so many more things that can kill you in Thailand that omicron isnā€™t worth worrying about.

You have to have travel insurance anyway in case you get it.

1 Like