😷 COVID | Traveling during Covid-19

You’re forgetting the most important part–there’s a taco bell!

2 Likes

Hahaha. I was in Terminal 1. Maybe there is a Taco Bell in there—but it eluded me.

I did however see a Dunkin Donuts coffee bar if that appeals to anyone. :grin:

Guy

Al I want to know is: are we having hot food on the trans-Pacific flights or not?!?! :rant:

The general response would be: of course.

It may suck though, depending on the airline (cough Air Canada cough).

Guy

1 Like

Currently contemplating Air Canada…as soon as they get their baggage woes straightened.

I searched online and found it: located in Food Empire, Terminal 1 East, near Gate 12.

It is, alas, marked as “temporarily closed.”

Guy

1 Like

Germany

basic protective measures against the coronavirus pandemic are continued during the fall and winter when more virus cases are expected

new obligation to wear N95-type face masks during all long-distance travel by train and bus as well as on planes

come into force on October 1 should it clear parliament in the coming weeks

1 Like

Just to be clear: this is a new German regulation, not a Taiwan regulation, correct?

Guy

That seems pretty clear from the links provided.

1 Like

8 posts were split to a new topic: Comparing Lauterbach to Himmler

Traveling? LOL. The only thing the Germans will be doing a whole lot this winter is group hugging.

That’s what I was thinking. Call me perceptive, but something about the two cases of “Germany” and two cases of “German” gave it away.

2 Likes

It appears the German government’s only policy to fight extremely higher energy prices is to
re-institute extremely harsh Covid restrictions that basically keep Germans from going out and enjoying freedom.
Next up: Lockdowns 2.0 to further prevent the spread of higher gas prices.

1 Like
3 Likes

From that Korean Herald report:

Travelers, however, still need to take a PCR test within the first 24 hours of their arrival in South Korea, a “minimum measure” put in place to prevent the inflow and spread of any variant from overseas, the vice minister said.

Guy

1 Like

That’s fine with me. Way better than running around a day before my flight to get all this last minute shit together.

4 Likes

Once again South Korea relies on the testing playbook to try to manage the situation.

Taiwan still, in late August 2022, relies on border control / quarantine on arrival, regardless of vaccination status.

That’s basically how these guys have done things—differently—since the start of the pandemic.

Guy

1 Like

Granted, it’s spreading like wildfire over there. They’re on a low of 100000 cases a day from a peak of 600000 cases a day with a country only 100% bigger than us.

But, I am of the mindset that it’s time to open the borders nowadays. No more quarantines. If I have to spit in a cup or take an antigen test at the airport before they release me, fine by me.

1 Like

SK’s all-in commitment to testing is interesting. It might have (here I am speculating) helped lead to earlier diagnoses of cases, especially among vulnerable people, thereby leading to potentially earlier treatment.

Their death numbers have been better than ours, IIRC. If so, this might be one reason why.

Guy

1 Like

Taiwan doesn’t have any “earlier treatment” - if you’re lucky they’ll leave you alone, and if you’re unlucky they’ll shove a tube down your neck and prescribe you a bunch of experimental and/or useless drugs.

A doctor told someone I know (two weeks ago) not to declare their COVID status because all that would happen is that they’d be subjected to monitored quarantine, and in the unlikely event that anything bad happened (COVID-related or otherwise) they’d be ignored. I suspect that isn’t official medical advice, but it sounds like well-informed advice.

I don’t know for sure, but it’s entirely possible SK has a more enlightened approach - say, using treatments that actually work.