COVID vaccines from America: Do Americans get priority?

The Tainan government made noises about this after the first shipment of AZ vaccines from Japan. It seemed to embarrass some of the local Japanese residents there.

Guy

I thought it’s a nationwide thing. Seems like it’s only in Tainan. I heard some Japanese refused to get the vaccines because it’s supposed to be a gift to Taiwan. I didn’t hear anyone embarrassed. It makes sense to me that Japanese people have the priority to this batch.

So there’s some incorrect information from the news I posted earlier about US donation. But this doesn’t clarify anything as well… anyways just take it with a grain of salt.

so…japanese citizens do have priority because taiwan’s government said so?

Were they actually given priority?

Yeah. I mean it’s our vaccine now. We get to decide. CDC also said it’s a reasonable decision so they wouldn’t interfere with that.

According to local news and Japanese news and the mayors FB.

Do you have trouble with reading comprehension?

Or do you simply ignore what others have posted?

Either way you are not adding value here.

Guy

your post said tainan’s mayor made noise…and didn’t clarify anything. others have asked too.

You do realize that “Tainan” is not the same as “Taiwan” right?

If you actually read before you posted, you might actually contribute something to this forum some day.

Guy

I believe most americans are extremely passive and take it in the ass in Taiwan. I suggest you all kick up a fuss and get this shit done like the Japanese did. Just start emailing, messaging these people.

You are not entitled. Just take what’s yours…get that shit done.

I think you are being an asshole.

Cheers to you too!

Guy

the Tainan mayor is 黃偉哲. Go send him a message to be consistent. Maybe he will do the same for you Americans.

He actually seems to read his FB and IG…mostly FB though.

1 Like

I also read the news that the mayor said Tainan will give them priority and CECC said it is ok, but don’t remember reading a news that they really got vaccinated prior.

they should do it for americans too, but it wont happen.

just continue going to your buxiban and getting rammed for clocking in 1min late.

1 Like

Me too. Only read the news where Japanese people refused to get vaccinated. Sus.

https://www.tainan.gov.tw/jp/News_Content.aspx?n=26280&s=7775993

It’s on the city governments website. I suppose it’s true. Though I haven’t found anyone talking about their experience so far. Perhaps there’s just too few Japanese in Tainan for me to find the information.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Coronavirus - China