😷 COVID - When do you think Taiwan will start issuing working holiday visas again?

Assuming to foreigners from low risk countries.

Should be no later than 2023.

1 Like

Late next year

Late this year maybe

There’s really no use asking this question here. As all responses will most likely be speculative.

There’s no way to know, even from those in the government, because they will respond reactively to the circumstances.

2 Likes

What would be the plan to go ahead? I hope it would take into account a method to insure the Working Holiday visa holders respect quarrantine and the government has the resources to treat them if they happen to have gotten sick despite passing the initial Covid Test
(The numbers should be kept low so, they could be treated at no cost and allowed to stay.)
I’d love to see maybe a pool of places ready to offer them jobs (farms, Leisure farms, amusement parks etc.) with the freedom to work their way around Taiwan.
Get them working and contributing to the NHS.

Early next year.

Moot point imo. It’s not going to happen while COVID is still a major issue.

Well, I think what you can take from all the answers is that it will not happen imminently. And it is also not on the highest priority list because working holiday people bring much less to Taiwan than business people or students. At the same time it will not be foreever and degree students have just been allowed to enter again.

Probably early next year, after new year travels. I think they want to be at 60% vaccination in Taiwan before loosening border restrictions, and then they will probably still require a negative test, vaccination record, and quarantine.

UK are planning on giving COVID-19 vaccination certificates.
Personally I think most Countries including Taiwan will NOT accept them for entry.
What do others think?

When vaccination becomes more widely available, Taiwan might require vaccination verification in addition to testing and quarantine. I don’t think proof of vaccination by itself will be sufficient anytime soon.

1 Like

I’m already 35 and this is the last year I’m still eligible to qualify for this type of visa.

That ship has already sailed.

Vaccines distribution in Canada has been slower then maple syrup of late. It’s actually quite embarrassing for a first world developed country. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

They should really start using the established maple syrup distribution system to distribute vaccines.

1 Like

I bet it would STILL be faster then the current situation :stuck_out_tongue: