CPI 250cc Supermoto KnowledgeBase and Info Goldmine

sorry to hear that man… unfortunately I’ve also found good mechanics in Taiwan extremely hard to come by.

Well I have sent an email directly to CPI lets see what they come with.

Classic chabudo. Bicycle forks, moto wheels, same same.

I’m thinking … put dual-sport tires (Pirelli makes some nice Scorpions in a front 17", the rear 17" is easy to get) and tubes on the factory wheels, and buy a nice set of road wheels.

Dogma, I know you’re your own man, but I would stay off the track with a chabudo front wheel. Endos are nasty at speed.

Classic chabudo. Bicycle forks, moto wheels, same same.

I’m thinking … put dual-sport tires (Pirelli makes some nice Scorpions in a front 17", the rear 17" is easy to get) and tubes on the factory wheels, and buy a nice set of road wheels.

Dogma, I know you’re your own man, but I would stay off the track with a chabudo front wheel. Endos are nasty at speed.[/quote]

What is a chabudo front wheel, thats my rear wheel that was damaged. cant find dual sport wheels to fit my standard wheels can get the rear (Maxxi M0006) but not the front show me a link for the scorpions if you please, front is 2.5 rear is EDIT 3.5 width i’m already finding solutions for more track oriented tyres such as squeezing on 140 instead of 130 to create a higher edge for more surface area traction on the apex.

CPI customer service just called me, they are sending a new rim to my dealer…result!

EDIT I put that too simply, I hadnt told them who my dealer was, they tracked down my dealer anyway, got my wifes phone number from the dealer, called my wife and got my number from her and called me to let me know they were gonna send me a new wheel and take my old one for inspection.

Color me impressed…

Excellent news again! So it was just a problem with a crappy (or should I say standard for Taiwan) dealer, rather than the manufacturer.
How about the other niggles, such as the cross-wiring thing? Did you inform CPI about that?

Edit, after your edit: I don’t know if you’ve been sleeping with the management of CPI or what, but that company really does seem to be displaying a very welcome attitude toward customer service.

Excellent news again! So it was just a problem with a crappy (or should I say standard for Taiwan) dealer, rather than the manufacturer.
How about the other niggles, such as the cross-wiring thing? Did you inform CPI about that?

Edit, after your edit: I don’t know if you’ve been sleeping with the management of CPI or what, but that company really does seem to be displaying a very welcome attitude toward customer service.[/quote]

One of my friends has said he experienced great service from CPI in the past year and encouraged me to bypass the dealer and go straight to CPI with this problem. I will discuss the other issues with them when I go to visit them on Friday.

Dogma, ask CPI for a Forumosa Group Rate. It will become THE moto of expats. “Together, we can launch CPI’s export drive for its breakthrough product, do for 250cc motos what HTC did for mobile phones.”

The Pirelli is a Corsa, brother to a Scorpion.

Corsa

[quote=“maunaloa”]Dogma, ask CPI for a Forumosa Group Rate. It will become THE moto of expats. “Together, we can launch CPI’s export drive for its breakthrough product, do for 250cc motos what HTC did for mobile phones.”

The Pirelli is a Corsa, brother to a Scorpion.

Corsa[/quote]

The SM250 uses 110-80-17 front and 130-70-17 rear, dunno if that front will fit and certain the rear will not, wheres the rim size guide?

About a group buy we already got an answer from CPI on that and it was no because they want to stand firm on their launch price, just to let you know, according to Temple one of the shops already has an order for 40 bikes…

The SM250 uses 110-80-17 front Promaxx and 130-70-17 rear Promaxx

Those are the sizes, if anyone can find dual purpose with a large as possible bias towards off-road or even off road (not likely) tires please go ahead but please confirm rim diameter AND width with those referenced for the size associated to the link.

Ok…I’m starting to think more and more about these bikes…Has CPI officially launched the SM250 yet?..if so, anyone know of any dealers in the Taichung area?..(I’ve read the 9 previous pages on and off, and it’s a little confusing)…I have a less than 1 year old Majesty that I seldom ride because I drive the car to work (with pregnant wife)…but when I go for a ride, I would appreciate a little more fun from a 2-wheeled vehicle…and seeing that my BMW GS was destroyed by a drunk backwater farmer, I don’t want to risk the loss of an expensive bike again…CPI SM250 seems like the right answer!..

Any additional info would be appreciated…

Cheers

next week 20th is the release date

your dealers are
正群輪業商行 台中市南區美村路2段76號 (04)2376-2498
展億車業 台中市西區藍興里三民路一段76號1樓 (04)2372-2542
崑輪機車行 台中市西區五權路39號 (04)2202-7972
佶輪輪業行 台中市北區文昌東二街141-1號 (04)2295-2338
二輪工坊 (NAT) 台中市北屯區陳平里平德路36號1樓 (04)2291-4713

The running commentary of issues and updates to the review which is ongoing can become confusing so i have created a blog especially for the bike and will edit it as things happen, i will not be appending to the problems encountered in the past, so if a problem has vanished from the article it means that it has been resolved.

dogmastyle.blogspot.com/

Met with CPI today at the factory, all outstanding issues will be resolved by roll out which is now end of the month, SM and SX will both be available in two colors Black or Orange, SX release date still not set since the government has not issued approval.

eco-wheels.com/Hartford/Hartford.htm
5 speed, 14hp, 14NM Torque

cpi-motor.com.tw/supermotor.htm
6 Speed, 24Hp, 20NM Torque

use this link to convert Kw to HP and vice versa
americanmachinist.com/Calcul … oKilo.aspx

And use this to convert Torque figures
boltscience.com/pages/convert.htm

They cannot compare to the CPI SM. Also CPI told me they are not making a profit on the release of the bike and will have to increase the price after a few months, so your bike could even apreciate in value if thats true.

Whereas the Hartford is just an old bike…

Good luck dude

Yeah, well I redeployed the “ppppffffrrrrppppffft” rebuttal again, reinforced by the highly scientific “But the Hartford’s a boring heap of junk” gambit. I kept the “Butt out, you know nothing” ploy in reserve. It seems to have done the trick.
Now I just need to find out how much this dealer wants to try to gouge me for.
Dogma, could you post a list of Taipei CPI dealers? Xindian area in particular. Just in case.

I used to live in Ankeng, the main supplier in your area is just across the river and I don’t like him much and the next nearest guy is by the zoo and I dont like him either, since you are in Taipei I would suggest going to the guy who runs the race team and already has many mods lined up, ask to speak to Teacher shop number 0222701073

this is his racing team blogspot ducatist.blogspot.com/search/label/CPI%20POWER

This is the shops yahoo AD
tw.f2.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/b37317316

OK, I live on the Ankeng side of the river. I might try him – I don’t need to like him, I need him to be close to where I live! I’ll probably give the Teacher guy a call, though, as well.

Like relates to business not personal, anyhow do as you wish, you know the road that leads into Jhong He on the Ankeng side, he has a small shop on that road close to the intersection where you get on the highway from Ankeng and the main main shop is next to the expressway entrance a couple blocks up.

That’s great. I know exactly where you mean. And I’ll have my antennae out for any business practice shenanigans on his part, thanks to you.