Credit card for retailers

I import goods to sell on TW market.
As a local retailer, I might want to offer credit card payments to my customers.
Mostly as e-commerce rather than a POS machine.
I’ve been asking my bank 第一銀行 for this function and they would charge 2% fee for local cards or 3.2% if the credit card is issued abroad.
I’d see the amount credited to my account after 2~4 business days.
No other flat fees, as long as I don’t need the POS.

Besides the fact I’m selling expensive goods, 2% sounds not that cheap to me (I know Stripe charges more).
Does anyone know a better local provider with better fees?
I sell in NTD only , I would prefer a local provider rather than finding something abroad. Thanks

those are the fees and they sound about right, maybe you can find someone cheaper by a few bps, but won’t be any significantly cheaper than that.

You can get cheaper by only accepting debit cards or the cards issued by that bank (as the issuer and acquirer being the same, so it will be cheaper for the merchant), but as you can see, very limiting.

I have seen some use 服務費率表 - 綠界科技 ECPay
Depends how much service you need. e.g. they can handle Fapiao’s for you too.

For Taiwanese Market one could also go with LINE Pay 行動支付 or 店家專區-歡迎加入|街口支付 acceptance.
But they also have fees 2,5-3%

1 Like

2% sounds right, don’t think you’re going to get much less than this.

Thanks.
I don’t have experience on this and I thought it was way too much but apparently…

Thanks, I saw it however, as they offer several extra functions I don’t need, I didn’t considered them as the price was higher.
In my case I will have high amount payment but not that often, so the old-style 發票 made by hand is still what I do.

1 Like