Cricket on ESPN

Live Cricket on ESPN New Zealand Sri Lanka ODI

Last week it’s Australia South Africa on Star Sports…

[quote=“Aboriginal girl”]Live Cricket on ESPN New Zealand Sri Lanka ODI

Last week it’s Australia South Africa on Star Sports…

Well thanks for bloddy telling me.

Well we bloody did :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

You gotta get yourself connected. You’ve been talking about it to me for months. You asked me to come up to Neihu to get you going but you havent gotten back to me.

I guess your too busy running great Pizza joints. :smiley: :smiley:

hehehe

I was at the MCG to watch the boxing day test and see the Aussies Kick ass :slight_smile:

I just watched a bit of the third and deciding test today up in syd and it looks like its going to be another heated Andre Nel affair :bravo:

So anyone in the the Big leaf play Cricket?

All the best

moogercake :smiley:

[quote=“moogercake”]hehehe

I was at the MCG to watch the boxing day test and see the Aussies Kick ass :slight_smile:

I just watched a bit of the third and deciding test today up in syd and it looks like its going to be another heated Andre Nel affair :bravo:

So anyone in the the Big leaf play Cricket?

All the best

moogercake :smiley:[/quote]

More like the Saffers spilling catches, which, as the saying goes, win matches.

:frowning:

A Symonds not out 54 off 26 balls 6 fours and 2 sixes in the twenty twenty Aus vs South Africa

Australia Innings
Runs Balls 4s 6s

J R Hopes c J H Kallis b S M Pollock 17 20 2 0

D R Martyn c H H Gibbs b M Zondeki 96 56 7 5

R T Ponting c S M Pollock b J Botha 27 18 2 2

A Symonds not out 54 26 6 2

Due to working tonight I didnt get to watch the match and had to listen to game on abc 774am, all I can say is that I hope the saffers win a match against the aussies in the ODI’s, its would be pretty tough going to return home without a victory against the aussies.

As for Twenty20 I must say that I had my resevations towards that style of game but after tonight I’m all for it, I reckon it would make a great step up for players who find it harder to get into the national teams whilst also giving the peeps a great spectacle of slash and bash:D

Imagine if Gilly had of been opening with Martyn tonight…250??? LOL;)

All the best

moogercae

A little off topic but after having followed the Ashes this year and the series between SA and Austrailia just recently concluded, I’m in no mood for ODIs, which I find for the most part insufferably boring, formulaic even.

20/20 is an eyesore and I hope it goes away soon.

These shorter forms of the game attempt to recreate the climax of the five-day game. They both fail miserably.

Yet, while I understand the need to generate revenue for the the advancement of the game, I don’t see how shortening the game even further, when already most think test cricket as absorbing as a glazed tile, will help save the longer form, as the administrators are hoping to accomplish.

These slogs are cheapening the true cricket.

The cricket, that, when followed closely, offers rewards, that, when they do come along, beyond anything else in sport.

And these gifts don’t come along often. Three or four times a decade perhaps. And for this very reason, to my mind, make them worth so much more.

Just this year at Edgbaston, when England won by two runs. And two years ago when the Indians followed on to go on and beat the Aussies. A while before that when Lara singlehandedly chased down 380 to beat them Aussies. A decade before when SA bowled Aussie out on the last day in Sydney, to win by five runs, defending a paltry 117. After that Micheal Atherton batted for 8 hours against a hostile attack, which included Allan Donald, to save a test match in 1998.

These are examples of those rewards: Valour, talent, determination, never-say-die, and the unbelievable, and the incredible. The beauty of a game that will need someone far more articulate than me to convince you that test cricket, like Moby Dick, a 1000 page slog, is in the end bliss.

Bashing the ball around for a few overs is cricket, yes.

But it’s just not cricket.

I’m off the pulpit now. And this is no sour grapes at SA losing so heavily.

I just wish more people can see the beauty of cricket as it was meant to be played, so that it may flourish without the need for cheating punters into believing that these 3-hour abomnations are all the game has to offer.

agreed.

Limited over cricket is a disgraace and 20-20 is just pure horror.

[quote=“AWOL”]agreed.

Limited over cricket is a disgraace and 20-20 is just pure horror.[/quote]

It’s a great spectacle… you just don’t need it too often. Watching Aus vs South Africa was a blast.

ODI’s are also great.

I have to agree that there is nothing like a close test match, player frenzy, media frenzy and fans like myself that “think too much” about it for 5 days :smiley:.

Now in pondering the merits of “the different forms” of the game I took myself on a journey back into my childhood where I watched both test matches and ODI’s… I have to say that as a youngster I liked the ODI’s more than test matches, that was back in the days when the Windies were the ducks guts and could always do what the aussies do now, always close and spectacular.

No matter if people like it or not 20/20 is here to stay, in what capacity remains to be seen but I can say without hesitation after the response of the recent match on monday night that its here to stay, its just too much dumb fun to miss out on:D I say that in regards to the youngsters of today, they have so much sport to like or dislike and if 20/20 can keep them interested then why not? and I cant speak for peeps from other nations but what I sure as hell know that here in OZ every youngster grew up playing those great cricket matches “the Backyard” you know the matches where one would have a nick caught behind ny a fence, watertank or net LOL… the old plum tree was 3 runs on the full… sounds a lot like twenty 20 to me.

All in all maybe I shouldve summed it up quick and short… Cricket is like a good beer/wine… you start off on the cheap thrills and then as you mature you move onto the real stuff:D

All the best

moogercake (The cricket loving aussie with a trip to TW around the corner!)