🏏 Cricket

I finished work at 5pm, so only 3 hours. My mate David is still there. He’s blaming my leaving for England’s mini collapse.

Seems like it all over …so near and yet so far away

I wish I was still down the pub. Marriage is so unfair. You can’t do whatever you want anymore.

88 needed

Groan , I am just preparing my impromptu remarks now :noway:

Instead of Stuart Broad coming out to bat could we not have some sort of national raffle instead so we can all have a go?

Stokes should be man of the match whatever the result.

1 Like

50 partnership. Leach is on 0.

win or lose Stokes has restored my pride . 17

Don’t these player know I have been sick …they need to stop with all this drama .2 needed .

Wow!

1 Like

Now that was exciting …hey @jimipresley hope you are ok ?

Absolutely unbelievable. Probably the most exciting game I’ve ever seen, in any format. Test cricket is boring?

3 Likes

Stokes , my gratitude. That was a truly memorable effort

that was amazing, bothamesque

That reverse sweep six.

Jesus, there is a god.

1 Like

I still remember this display . JP has , perhaps, wiped it from his memory .:wink: Nope, I think he appreciated good cricket from anywhere when I think about it . Some of those strokes are glorious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExDcmYRyY8A

New Zealand beat Sri Lanka. Good result away from home.

Playing cricket in England for five days ‘practical joke that went too far’

19th August 2019

THE idea of holding a five-day cricket match in England was initially conceived as a prank, it has emerged.

The discovery was made after researchers found an extra page of the Laws of Cricket that had fallen down behind a radiator at the Marylebone Cricket Club.

The page contained a list of further rules that gave the game away, while a footnote read: “Of course this is nonsense. We might as well suggest playing at the bottom of the sea.”

Spokesman Stephen Malley said: “Sure, it seems obvious now. Why would we schedule a game in England that needs five days without rain? But hindsight is 20/20.

“Given that we only get rain in London every other day, it’s plausible enough. Building a cricket stadium in Manchester is taking the piss, though.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-xXMHXUMZg