Crime and Countries

The drink culture in the UK is there to stay, it will be hard to eradicate it and the fact that so much money is generated from it, there will be no change from any government either.

What the UK should do is to change the licensing laws to 24 hour serving as opposed to the present laws (correct me if I am wrong 11am-11pm pubs/bars and clubs stop serving alcohol at 2am, but many stay open after that to cater for the drug heads).

Then what will happen is there will be no huge influx of people hitting the streets just after 11pm and 2am. It should make policing easier (I am sure the police have made this comment before) and hopefully there would be less bother on the streets.

At these times during the weekends in the UK, it is a nightmare for hospitals. Doctors and nurses are attacked and abused by drunks. I remember a documentary about the graveyard shift at a hospital and the state of the people coming in at the weekend due to drink was terrible. The doctor on duty said there has to be a public health warning on all alcohol products and seeing some of the people at that emergency room you would have agreed with her.

Blueface the ear biting incident is nothing new in the UK, I know a few people back home unfortunate to have had that done to them and yes it was all due to drink. (Unless you are a clapped out boxing legend).

Gun crime will continue in the UK, the gun laws that were changed a number of years ago due to the government wanting to look like it cared were never going to stop gun crime, as most gun crime was/is comitted with unlisenced guns. Although the "British Bobby’ doesn’t carry a gun most major cities in the UK now have an armed response unit (I knew a few back home (ex SAS)) and they are always on call if need be.

I think the lack of appropriately adequate punishment is the problem more so than the drunkeness. As long as a society (any society) accepts certain behavior, such behavior will exist. When a society finally has enough of such behavior and ceases to tolerate the same, such behavior will decrease.

I think that many individuals in many societies, at least in the west, lack what my father would refer to as a decent sense of shame. Bring back the stockades for certain offenses!

Corporal punishment might not be a bad idea. I know that Singapore got “beaten up” over caning that brat from Ohio but I think that sometimes this is a very effective deterent.

Studies have shown that locking people up (particularly with lower IQs) is not effective. A good beating with a stout stick immediately following the crime is often more effective. This could save money on prisons etc. as well. This might also serve as an effective tool in punishing juvenile crime. After all, one hardly wants them to be locked up with the tough old criminals that might teach them even worse things.

Is corporal punishment a violation of human rights if it is administered according to the law? Anyone? Should we bring it back?

Personally, I would lean toward doing so.

Why don’t we start by giving you a good caning, Fred? :unamused:

Alien, will you be wearing leather? :laughing:

[color=red]
Or this:
[/color]

[img]http://www.kutsite.com/klassiekers/king/misery.jpg[/img]

[color=red]
If at first you don’t succeed, you’re hobbled.
[/color]

Honestly Alien:

I swear that you live just to oppose me. No matter what I say you will say the exact opposite. This is a kind of love-hate relationship right? :shock: I can hear that song by Squeeze “If I didn’t love you I’d hate you.” Can I do no right? get it? RIGHT! :wink:

Maybe she just thinks you need alittle discipline. :laughing:

Hahah Blueface:

Remember that scene from Barb Wire (Pamela Anderson Lee) take off on Casablanca? That pervert comes out of the bathroom wearing that whatever it was gimp outfit and she says did you wash your hands? and he said no I’ve been bad. Very very bad and then when he think she is going to spank him, she whacks him over the head and knocks him out. I just had a sick vision of Alien all dolled up in leather “disciplining” some gimp and the one I am picturing (for your benefit Alien) is xxxx! :smiling_imp:

This from the country that released James Bulger’s murderers from prison and jailed farmer Tony Martin for shooting a burglar.

Baby rape sentence ‘unduly lenient’

Scotland’s most senior legal officer has asked for a report into whether a five-year prison sentence given to a man who raped an 13-month-old baby was “unduly lenient”.

Lord Advocate Colin Boyd QC’s move follows anger at the sentence given to father-of-three James Taylor, who took pictures of himself raping the baby.

Children’s charities said they had expected Taylor to be jailed for life.

Continued at:

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/3078216.stm

jamesbulger.org/

tonymartinsupportgroup.org/

Here’s one from the country that gave a new meaning to the term “gas chamber”:
story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s … rror_trial

[quote]HAMBURG, Germany - U.S. officials have rejected a German court’s request to let alleged Sept. 11 plotter Ramzi Binalshibh testify at the trial of a suspected member of the Hamburg al-Qaida cell charged in the 2001 attacks, a judge said Thursday.

The latest request was from lawyers for Abdelghani Mzoudi, a Moroccan charged with 3,066 counts of accessory to murder and membership in a terrorist organization for allegedly providing logistical support to the Hamburg al-Qaida cell, which included suicide hijackers Mohamed Atta, Marwan al-Shehhi and Ziad Jarrah. He faces a possible 15 years in prison if convicted.

Defense lawyer Michael Rosenthal said Binalshibh could testify that his client had no knowledge of the plot, adding that the U.S. refusal would give him grounds for appeal.[/quote]
So, for someone conspiring to murder 3,000 people, the maximum penalty (already given to another al Qaeda cell member a few months ago) is fifteen years – a bit less than two days per.

Germany is also the nation that refused to give the U.S. any information about some of the terror-cell members the U.S. captured during the roundups after September 11th, because the information could be used in a death-penalty prosecution.

[quote=“blueface666”]This from the country that released James Bulger’s murderers from prison and jailed farmer Tony Martin for shooting a burglar.

Baby rape sentence ‘unduly lenient’

Scotland’s most senior legal officer has asked for a report into whether a five-year prison sentence given to a man who raped an 13-month-old baby was “unduly lenient”.

Lord Advocate Colin Boyd QC’s move follows anger at the sentence given to father-of-three James Taylor, who took pictures of himself raping the baby.

Children’s charities said they had expected Taylor to be jailed for life.

Continued at:

news.BBC.co.UK/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/3078216.stm

jamesbulger.org/

tonymartinsupportgroup.org/[/quote]

Yeah, and the halfwit judge in question was also on the panel of judges that decided Bulger’s murderers should be released.
And the pikey fucker that survived being shot by Martin is back in jail, thank god. You might remember that he is trying to sue Martin for his injuries and has also threatened him with violence. He was out on probation after serving part of an 18-month sentence for dealing smack to kids (released on the same day as Martin) but got caught stealing a car, even though his terrible injuries didn’t prevent him sprinting away from police and vaulting a five-foot gate. Cattle bolt in the forehead is what he needs. A bullet would just be a waste.

Crime Rattles Japanese Calm, Attracting Politicians’ Notice

While overall numbers are still low