Cruel Taiwan/Japanese TV

Have you seen the Japanese show on TV in Taiwan where a famous chef cooks two great meals for 8 guests? They watch and moan and groan while he cooks. The they vote and the majority gets to eat the meal they voted for.

The suffering losers are forced to watch the winners chow down. UGH!

How cruel can you be?? :wall:

Ahh, a classic game theory problem. Sounds like a little collusion is called for on the part of the guests. :slight_smile:

As far as I can see, they cannot talk to each other. Some guests, celebrities, a young guy in particluar, who looks stoned all the time, seems VERY distressed when he loses!

Yes, I imagine that is the plan. Just means the guests need to get creative. :wink: Can the guests see eachother? If so then one of them should step up and be the leader. A subltle nod, or even a meaningful glance at one of the dishes, and the rest should follow his/her lead.

What time/channel is the show on?

Yes, I imagine that is the plan. Just means the guests need to get creative. :wink: Can the guests see eachother? If so then one of them should step up and be the leader. A subltle nod, or even a meaningful glance at one of the dishes, and the rest should follow his/her lead.

What time/channel is the show on?[/quote]

I’m not even sure it would help. The guests all get to smell the food. And both dishes are usually fantastic looking, and I imagine, very tasty.

Time …weekends around 5-6pm I think. I don’t watch much…wife does. And it was on last night, I guess around 11pm. Channel???