Cruise Ship Quarantines - Coronavirus 2020

I’ve been in contact with a few people who are stranded on the Diamond Princess cruise ship that is quarantined in Yokohama Harbor.

I’ve also found that there are some passengers who are utilizing Twitter to publish their individual situations whilst under mandatory lockdown in their cabins. Whether or not they can come out of their cabins, the food they are being served, the televised ship entertainment, etc.

It’s very interesting and informative and a lot of the early information about the ship can be gleaned from their postings. It’s a true “reality TV moment”.

I’m not really familiar with how Twitter works exactly, but if you search for the hashtag #diamond princess, you can find some of the people who are there and are sharing their stories.

Maybe some of us Forumosa Twitter users can tweet out our care for these people and show our love and support. We can use hashtag #Forumosa. How about that?

I’m following these specific individuals on Twitter.

Matthew Smith - This guy has a nice stateroom with a balcony. He has been the most prolific poster and has the best attitude for the situation they are in. Lots of pictures and constantly updated information. I check this guy’s feed first.

Kent Frasure - This is the husband of Rebecca Frasure who was diagnosed with the virus and removed from the ship. Rebecca is the lady pictured in the Keelung market with the candied strawberries. Kent remains quarantined on the ship. A couple pictures and a video.

quarantinedondiamondprincess - This individual created this Twitter account for reporting their situation. Always posts good information and updates, but nothing personal. Lots of pictures and some videos.

on board the Diamond Princess - Nothing personal posted, but always keeps updated information posted. This person might be Taiwanese based on their Twitter handle @daxa_tw. But, tweets a lot in Japanese. Lots of sound clips, pictures and videos.

Yardley Wong - Besides herself, husband and child, has other family members in adjacent rooms, but can’t get together with them due to being restricted to their cabins. A lot of personal pictures and videos.

Aun Na Tan - Family of 4 jammed in a room with two bunk beds, inside cabin. Lots of pictures and videos.

Shannon - Shannon Vo with her husband and child. Some pictures.

Lori Cornwall - A few tweets, no personal information or pictures.

K - An American family on the ship. One picture.

Clare Hedger - Clare Hedger from Melbourne Australia. Pictures and updates.

Crew is worried - This person is not on the Diamond Princess, but claims that some of the crew members are his/her friend, so is assisting by posting “reported” crew concerns.

5 Likes