CSB documents declassified

[quote]http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5iGAkQ6BqDJI8nui5u8LUeYtudCuA

Taiwan’s President Ma Ying-jeou on Wednesday declassified documents allegedly implicating his predecessor Chen Shui-bian in a high-profile embezzlement case.

Chen has admitted using false receipts to claim money from the state, but he insists those funds were used for “secret diplomatic missions,” and not his personal benefit.

Nevertheless, prosecutors found that at least 1.5 million Taiwan dollars had been spent on diamond rings and other luxury items for his wife.

Chen’s office denounced the move.

“According to the law, the documents classified as ‘strict confidential’ must not be declassified forever … President Ma’s move has run against the law and the Constitution,” it said in a statement.[/quote]

Now we’ll know exactly how much he spend on his lunch biandang using taxpayer money. I would love to see CSB goto jail again for not itemizing the yangleduo drinks… :laughing:

Has the dude been charged with anything yet?
It would seem that submitting “funny” receipts alone is a crime in Taiwan.
Why is the trial against the ex-first lady taking so long?
Are the prosecutors waiting for more evidence to surface, so they can hand out more charges?

Has the dude been charged with anything yet?
Are the prosecutors waiting for more evidence to surface, so they can hand out more charges?

Probably wondering if it’s really wise to open this pandora’s box. Well, I for one really hope they nail Chen to the wall. At long last, the one man cancer in Taiwan’s body politic will be gone.

[quote=“LA”]Has the dude been charged with anything yet?
Are the prosecutors waiting for more evidence to surface, so they can hand out more charges?[/quote]
CSB is facing a defamation suit right now.
The wife is still claiming health issues to delay her court appearances.

MYJ is helping proscutors make a case by declassifying the evidence. He’s not going to get his own hands dirty over this stuff.

Other than that looks like the entire CSB family will literary get their day in court soon.

why hasn’t he flown to uruguay yet?

if he’s been a bad boy, he deserves the scrutiny of the courts. but the same can be said for all other politicians in this corrupt little system, on both sides of the rainbow. what’s good for the goose should be good for all the other geese out there too.

can we trust in the good balance of the legal system here? let’s hope so.

[quote=“ac_dropout”]
MYJ [/quote]

is it Ma Ying-joke? :roflmao:

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/editorials/archives/2008/08/07/2003419605

Oh for fuck’s sake! I know the TT is as anti-blue as its possible to be, but this is utter tosh no matter which way you cut it. Eight weeks in office, four weeks of cross-strait direct flights and its a “bust?” Yeah, right.
Keating’s a good writer and a fairly decent analyst. I know this. Why on earth has he decided to suckle at the green teat and sell himself down the river like this? The TT money isn’t good, so it must be something else.

Oh for fuck’s sake! I know the TT is as anti-blue as its possible to be, but this is utter tosh no matter which way you cut it. Eight weeks in office, four weeks of cross-strait direct flights and its a “bust?” Yeah, right.
Keating’s a good writer and a fairly decent analyst. I know this. Why on earth has he decided to suckle at the green teat and sell himself down the river like this? The TT money isn’t good, so it must be something else.[/quote]

With respect, Sandman, its a bust because Ma said “Immediate Change” yet that wasn’t the case.

First, China limited incoming tourists to 1,000 out of 3,000, and even then the flow of incoming tourists didn’t often reach over 75% of that. Tourism trickled down, probably due to the Olympics.

Ma did tout everything as if the influx of tourism would change everything, and played it as if the DPP were idiots for not tapping such a resource. It didn’t though, just like how China’s offer to let Taiwanese farmers sell to China, didn’t work out either. It feels like another bad deal or broken promise.

Probably wondering if it’s really wise to open this pandora’s box. Well, I for one really hope they nail Chen to the wall. At long last, the one man cancer in Taiwan’s body politic will be gone.[/quote]

Yeah models of discretion, I’m sure. How about probably they don’t have anything to nail him on. Geez, why not just send the hanging judge out after him now. god forbid someone gets elected twice and then governs according to their ideals. Get the rope! Once he’s gone, Taiwan will be a lush paradise, with all that ails it cured. You gotta be kidding me!

[quote=“urodacus”]why hasn’t he flown to uruguay yet?
[/quote]

The answer to that is really obvious if you think about it.

Ma said “immediate change” so the twats start moaning at him after four weekends? Again I say “oh for fuck’s sake!” What a bunch of arseholes. Taiwan: proud home of politics for little children.

Wait! I AGREE! He said “immediate change,” so the planes should have started landed RIGHT THAT VERY SECOND. Otherwise he told a big fib, didn’t he? Fucking Norah! :unamused:

But sure. His choice of syntax is EVERY BIT as heinous as his predecessor’s theft of our money to buy jewelry for his wife. For sure.

Keating lost all semblance of professional credibility with the title “Ma Ying-joke”. Everything after that just reinforces that.

Catchy though, no? And of course that trumps all.