Cuddle (hugging) party

http://www.cuddleparty.com

Interesting thought, cuddling makes healthy … so should it be posted in the health thread? :slight_smile:

This looks fun!

Lets throw a cuddle party! :smiley:

Wow, that would be cool.
Especially if everybody brought their cats.
Much better than the flash mob craze.

Wow! Thanks for sharing the info.

I am thinking about giving it a shot, since they are holding one pretty soon here in LA. (If I don’t chicken out!) :blush:

I just changed the head, maybe more people will open and reply to this thread.

It has nothing to do with S.E.X.

Mod, what do you think … does this have to go in dating and rel. or health?

It’s just fine here in D&R thanks belgian pie.

I recall studies showing people with pets live longer as well. As long as we have something to hold onto seems the main thing. Although, some pets do seem to be better at cuddling than people.

Aw…snuggle huggie bums! It really does look like fun.

It’s just fine here in D&R thanks belgian pie.

I recall studies showing people with pets live longer as well. As long as we have something to hold onto seems the main thing. Although, some pets do seem to be better at cuddling than people.[/quote]

Yep, true unconditional love. Especially a dog. They’re always ready with a lick, a nudge and a cuddle…

Cuddle party seems nice too… Everyone needs a hug now and then. Even English teachers…

This is a bunch of new age BS! This crap is right in the lines of walking on hot coals and falling over backwards and people catching you. If your looking for the answers, you won’t find it cuddling up with Bubba.

Bullshit or not … I take hugging over hot coal walking anytime … but for me it’s difficult to arrange a party as I really have not to much time … only on Mondays …

In the States it’s probably a little about the money … but we could do it here on our own … we could improvise, right?

It is a very new age/hippy-ish sort of activity. But I don’t think people are going to cuddle parties to look for answers. Maybe some people just enjoy stress-free cuddling.

We could definitely do it here on our own.

I’d be happy to try and arrange/run this if enough people are interested. And if someone is willing to surrender their living room for a few hours.

:slight_smile:

Peace and love. :rainbow:

Somebody needs a hug! :wink:

You’d have to put up a sign “No dry humping” and train high pressure hoses on the infringers.

You’d have to put up a sign “No dry humping” and train high pressure hoses on the infringers.[/quote]

Hopefully those who go are able to read the rules and understand them.

If not, I think a bell is rung three times and all cuddling has to stop. :frowning:

So I just got back from my first cuddle party here in LA. It was pretty neat. I was a little nervous as I was driving there: even though I am someone who is very comfortable with touch in general, but come on, cuddling with complete strangers? A little uncomfortable with that. Didn’t know what was going to go down, really.

Anyhow, I got there. 14 people, 6 guys and 8 gals. The facilitators really set up a good tone and went over the rules in depth, which helped to create a safe environment in the sense that the boundaries were set clearly and people were encouraged to check in with themselves to say yes or no to invitations. In short, the atmosphere in the welcome circle was one that was honest, real, and warm and fun. I was pretty relaxed by the time the icebreaker exercises were over.

Then it was just two hours of total relaxation. It was quite heavenly, actually. Someone stroked my face very gently while another person played with my hair. Cuddled with a very nice young lady. Rest my head on one guy’s arm while another guy gave me a back massage…let me just tell you, my back really needed some tender loving.

What was really great about the whole thing was that I really felt very relaxed. Having the rules set in place let me feel safe that no one was going to touch me without my permission, and they meant business about really checking in. Folks were very conscious and asked for permission down to the smallest touch. That was very nice. I felt very respected and had time to check in with myself if I really wanted to be touched, knowing that one of the rules was that I get to change my mind.

Overall, I would say it was very nice experience. I learned some things about myself, too, but since I am so relaxed right now and just want to get to bed, that would have to be written another day.

Good night!

Sounds really good, it’s maybe about time to have one in Taipei …

I’d be up for it. There’s overwhelming evidence in how touch (and the lack thereof) can affect our health. Premature infants whose parents massage and caress them leave the hospital faster than those who don’t get any caring touches. So many eastern cultures believe in the power of massages to heal and cure ailments. It’s a shame how some people sexualize innocuous touch and cannot fathom how just a light touch on the shoulder from a friend must equal an advance.

Imagine how much more peaceful the world would be if every meeting between nations began and ended with hugs from everyone. It’s so hard to stay angry and tense when you are being hugged.

Snuggie huggies for everyone!

I went to one a few years ago in Vancouver and nobody wanted to cuddle me. I feel awkward about touching people or being touched; maybe that had something to do with it. Not my cup of tea.

I can see it as a good thing, but for me, it takes a while to know somebody before I can be physical in any way. Hmm. Only Child?

And as for cuddling with guys? Don’t think so.

Not my cup of tea.

These kinds of things: I’m usually the last guy in and I “don’t get it” or I’m the reluctant guy, hoping to be open minded about it, but I’m not.
me

I’ll come to your cuddle party, can i bring a six pack and my fishing buddies? Do I need to wear a shirt?

Ooh, cuddling. One of my friends once had a “how many people can we squish together on this couch in our pajamas and with no sexual touching going on” evening. It worked. Very bizarre at first, but well enforced rules make it all good. I’d love to be a part of a cuddle party… :notworthy: