Current mask situation (July 27, 2022)

This appears to be from the Central Epidemic Command Center, on July 19:

This is a tweet from cookiebandit, who apparently was present at or had other access to the relevant CECC press conference:

I live on a fairly well-traveled street in Banqiao District, New Taipei City. The sidewalks on either side of the street get a pretty good deal of foot traffic, and the streets themselves get a good deal of vehicular traffic, including scooters. So far, since (1) the CECC’s apparent relaxation of the mask rule for exercising, coupled with the CECC’s apparent inclusion of walking in the definition of exercising, and (2) the CECC’s apparent relaxed mask requirements for scooter drivers and some scooter passengers, I’ve been occasionally looking out my apartment window at the pedestrians below, and it’s been quite unusual to see a pedestrian without a mask. If I’ve seen something like that, I’m guessing it might have had something to do with smoking or eating. But so far, what I’ve mainly seen–almost exclusively seen–is just about everybody wearing masks. And that goes for scooter drivers and passengers as well, bearing in mind that it has sometimes been difficult for me to tell whether a helmeted scooter driver or passenger is wearing a mask.

But those are just my observations, so far, of my little area of my street in Banqiao District, in New Taipei City.

9 Likes