Custom + Duties. How to pay?

Who do I talk to regarding paying any potential duties or fees for an overseas package? My family shipped me a few things from back home (U.S) via USPS. It’s worth more than 300$ USD. I assume I have to pay duties/fees. However, major problem for me right now is that my phone is broken and I can’t register a new account because I can’t SMS code. Does anyone know if in Taipei I can go in person to get this sorted? I have been considering going to the Customs Administration, Ministry of Finance here in Taipei (I assume think they are responsible for customs, imports and duties related). Thanks for helping!

I wouldn’t bother going there proactively to find out. If it’s already been shipped, I doubt they’ll be able to tell you anything until it’s arrived in Taiwan and they’ve assessed it (or let it through), and if they want money from you, don’t worry - they’ll let you know. (Usually with a sticker on your mailbox telling you you need to go there.)

1 Like

@Andrew Hey Andrew thank you so much. The exact kind of answer I was looking for. :slight_smile: then it’s the waiting game on my side.

1 Like