Cute little 50cc scooter by Gamax

Gamax is another scooter maker in Taiwan.

http://www.gamaxmoto.com/product.jsp

Seems like its a blatant rip-off of the Suzuki Choi Nori design, with different fairings.

tw.f2.page.bid.yahoo.com/tw/auction/b23876673

What’s the point, something you can easily lift into your RV? Price? I can’t imagine someone wanting a scooter with no storage space for rain gear etc., no drink holder, and so on. Looks like an awful idea.

You must have a scooter fetish or something.

You wouldn’t be using my beloved and sacred Cars and Motorcycles forum for market research now would you? :wink:

awful

I’ve seen these. Curious as to what kind of tranny they have. There’s no belt transmission like on normal scooters. They have a chain like on motorbikes. Are they one gear with automatic clutch/tranny? It can’t be too fast. Slower than a regular 50cc scooter, I’m sure. No?

[quote=“Bubba 2 Guns”]You must have a scooter fetish or something.

You wouldn’t be using my beloved and sacred Cars and Motorcycles forum for market research now would you? :wink:[/quote]

No, I am just a Taiwanese who wants to share something made in Taiwan with the foreign community here in Forumosa.com :laughing:

Koreans have Hyundai. What do Taiwanese have?
Wait, We have Giant!! :bravo:

[quote=“cybertai”]
No, I am just a Taiwanese who wants to share something made in Taiwan with the foreign community here in Forumosa.com :laughing: [/quote]But it’s a knock off! :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

It looks better than the Choi Nori that its obviously copied from, but unless they found a way to make more plastic cheaper than no plastic, what’s the point?.. And surely 95% of the English speaking world would pronounce that name “Gay-max” ?.. oops… :smiley:

Those things primary design function are getting from one end of a huge warehouse / dockyard / trainstation etc. to the other, more than all weather, all purpose commuting, or at least that’s the (Japanese) origin of these stripped down mini scoots anyway…

Personally I’ve been trying to convince everyone I know to buy one and start a racing league at the local go cart track… Now that would be cool, but so far no takers… :s