Cycling otg / over the glasses goggles

I sometimes get quite dry eyes cycling, and while I have cheapish over-glasses to go over my prescription spectacles day to day, they aren’t so great at blocking wind and dust while on two wheels. I’ve seen some pairs on Amazon, by the likes of Kroops, that create more of a seal to block out wind, but I wondered if anyone had seen such things on sale in Taipei I might be able to check out?

1 Like

I was just shopping for swimming goggles @ Decathlon. They could work for you, although they are rather tight. I also spotted a more expensive section that had them in various prescriptions

Could give you a rather cool “raccoon eye” look after a long ride.

1 Like

Maybe it’s the size and design of the overglasses? Ever consider getting a prescription lense that connects to cycling shades?

I know Oakley Jawbreakers and Alba Optics have these options. The latter being a bit expensive if you want to look a bit more stylish.

1 Like

Probably I’m just looking for a cheap option that doesn’t require lenses getting made since many otg’s tend to be cheaper. Some otg’s I’ve seen, like 7eye, are very expensive. I may consider prescription lenses sometime in the future.

Tainan has a bunch of eyeglasses companies. There must be someone doing something that fits you. Maybe it can be a good idea to visit the next Taipei Cycle in March.

1 Like

Just to say, I got a pair of the Kroops over the glasses goggles from Amazon and they worked just fine the other day when I was out cycling to protect my eyes from the wind. They took a little getting used to, mind, particularly the pressure of them resting against my nose. But by the end of a thirty mile ride I’d just about forgotten they were there.