🚴 Cycling | Tour de France

Strange, there usually is a dedicated thread about the TdF somewhere on this site.

I don’t watch often, but I happened to see highlights of the last two stages. Two stars, 10 seconds apart, fighting for the win. That’s cool. Guy trying to get a selfie causes mass collision, not cool.

Great sportsmanship from the Dane, waiting for his rival. There have been instances where riders did take advantage of a rival crashing in the past, so this is not a given.

1 Like

That clip is from last year

2 Likes

Like I said I don’t follow closely… :man_facepalming:

But the rest is correct :slight_smile:

In some ways though it was beneficial to wait up for the crashed rider. It was too early in the race to ride off solo. The two of them are definitely an interesting pair. Pogacar is the most relaxed cyclist I’ve ever seen. Two TDF under his belt and he’s still in the white jersey category (young rider). This is a golden age of cycling with some phenomenal talents and thank god an end to Team Sky’s monolithic dominance.

2 Likes

The femmes starts on Sunday, we’ve seen the light. They are better looking.

Time trial done. That looked really impressive by the winner.

I’ve loved watching the TDF on summer evenings for a few years now, but these guys are just taking the piss. If Vingegaard could only gain 10 seconds on the pog in over 2 weeks and then puts almost 2 minutes into him on the ITT (this when he’s just beaten WvA, twice a world time trial championship medallist) then it makes it hard to believe. I spent last night reading this instead of watching.

Tour is decided, what a shame. A bit of a downer, I kind of like both of them.

When it comes to doping, I have a hard time to believe that everyone is clean, whatever that means. My only suggestion would be that all riders of past tours should be listed on the results pages, including those who were caught doping, just put an asterisk to their name and have everyone speculate about the cleanliness of those without that caveat.

1 Like

Agreed. Armstrong got thrown under the bus because he has a big mouth. Might as well let them all get juiced up and not only the few at the top.

I am not suggesting to make doping legal. I just feel it’s moronic that some are excluded from the record books, while other, who, allegedly did the same, are still listed. If you get caught the penalty should not be stripping away the win, but tainting it so your illegal behavior is exposed without rewarding other riders who got away with it.

Not just a big mouth. He was a kunt to so many people.

All sports have to follow the same rule. You get caught you lose everything. There’s no other way. It has to ruin your career. It’s the only deterrent.

I mean I know it’s pretty bullshit. Wiggins was clearly guilty of using asthma medication and clearly isn’t asthmatic.