Cycling

Haven’t got bike yet as I have just realised I have no cash!! Am hoping to get the loan of one (in return for great company!) until I can get one myself in the next few weeks…

i dont know anything about bikes, but i really want to adventure using a bike, can anyone recommend to me a great bike, i mean what characteristics of a bike. i want to go on road and off road and jump high in a slope. cool hu :smiley:

I think one of the most important issues is that the bike is safe. So don’t go out and buy the cheapest wanna-be MTB you can find and try to jump or even take it off road. Many people already learnt their lesson. I would suggest go with a brand name product, maybe used. Spend much as you can afford or are willing to put into this fun sport.

If you want to do serious road biking and off road, you probably need 2 bikes. But if you just want to ride a few roads in between the off road bike, I’
d go for a MTB. I would start off with looking at some cross-country type MTB’s, those are usually good alrounders. I am not sure about the market here in Taiwan, so I cannot recommend any brands, since I don’t know what is available. Maybe take a look at www.formosanfattire.com You can get probably more specific help there.