Czech Fascism

I notice in this forum most of the topics are about the USA and about Iraq. I wonder if anyone is interested in recent events in Europe.

I don’t know if you are familiar with indymedia, but they let you report your own news. Also they let people comment on the stories. I think this is a fantastic tool for true democracy, contrasted with say, Fox News.

One dead and over 50 injured as police spread chaos at Czech Tekno Festival
indymedia.org.uk/en/2005/08/320508.html

Watch Police bludgeon and baton-stab defenseless raver for no apparent reason:
freetekno.org/vidz/3ka.mov
(Good thing there was a camera on the scene, or they probably would have shot him in the head at point blank range like they do in London. Its a good job most bobbies don’t have guns, they don’t seem to be able to handle them.)

The Czech prime minister blindly supports the oppression:
indymedia.h-k.sk/newswire/display/86/index.php
(Guilty until proven innocent. Ah, forget the proof, just bludgeon them)

Really though, it wasn’t long ago that Taiwan was far worse.

The photos of police-without-IDs dressed up like Darth Vader struck me as particularly ominous.

…anyone seen Comrade Stalin lately?

I only came across Czech police shooting people for not listening to them. Like Germans who park their car in a wrong way or cross a traffic light when red, cannot understand the police, try to ignore them or shout at them and then get shot.

Thought I will be carefull for the traffic lights and carry a “Do not shoot me, I love CZ, I love Vazlav Havel, Pilsner and Absynth” sign with me, if I ever go there.

[quote=“Toe Tag”]
I don’t know if you are familiar with indymedia, but they let you report your own news. Also they let people comment on the stories. I think this is a fantastic tool for true democracy, contrasted with say, Fox News. [/quote]

Or the government owned BBC. :laughing:

I do not want to be a smart-ass, Comrade, but I cannot see it anymore.

Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Schnappie!

Part of the problem was deliberately making each cop anonymous: No name tag, no ID number, and a dark visor. Really you are deliberately planning to instigate trouble when you do this. Its a bit like the vicious side of people that comes out when they can post anonymously. Except in Czech you have a truncheon, a bulletproof vest, and the support of the government (according to my reading of the statement of their Prime Minister).