Dairy Queen Taipei Grand Opening

We go to Dairy Queen once every two years, it’s the old folks favorite, and as such the place has some pleasant memories and traditions attached. Now we can go once a year, reminisce about the greenery of home, and enjoy a banana split.

It’s not the occasional treat but the processed garbage that you ingest daily that does harm.

But some people do the ‘occasional’ treat daily … eating at different JF places … :o

Responses to dumb posts were sent from my Nexus 7, I hate Apple BTW, with Tapatalk 8

Pure popcorn is not that unhealthy, it’s corn … it’s the too much salt or sugar and artificial additives (like butter flavor) they put on there …

Responses to dumb posts were sent from my Nexus 7, I hate Apple BTW, with Tapatalk 8

When I first opened this thread I was like HOLY SHIT NO WAY!!!

I went to Bali in October and was sooooo happy to see a Diary Queen there. And now that I find out it’s coming to Taiwan?! So sick!

But then I read this last part…

SAY WHAT?! Sigh, my elation and euphoria instantly turned into bitter disappointment. No reason for me to even go there anymore. All I wanted were the chili cheese dogs, so damn good! It would have been the closest thing to Wienerschnitzel. But alas, it wasn’t meant to be :cry:

No reason for me to even go there anymore. There are more than enough ice-cream and yogurt places here already.

Really? Have you ever seen a Wienerschnitzel?

Titter

Yes, have you?

longbeachlouie.com/food/wienerschnitzel/

https://web.archive.org/web/20120614215938/http://longbeachlouie.com/food/wienerschnitzel/

I could sue them for misleading advertising … come on, who would want to name their hot dogs wienerschnitzel … it’s an insult to the Austrian people …

The whole FF and JF industry is about misleading people, never telling them what they are really selling, or what’s in it.

I don’t think anyone is being misled there lol. It’s a pretty stupid name though.

Guy on the left there prolly had a few too many of those Wienerschnitzels… :sunglasses:

Not sure I know Austrians all that well, but I’d posit Wein is hardly considered a representation of “the Austrian people”.

Of course. Why would they reveal a trade secret?

BP, I agree with you on the junk. But sometimes it serves a purpose.

Would we better of as a species if FF places were banished from Earth?
Perhaps, but this is capitalism. Caveat Emptor, and all that.

Responses to dumb posts were sent from my Nexus 7, I hate Apple BTW, with Tapatalk 8[/quote]

Indeed, wanna make money? Sell JF … sugar, greas, salt … are a sure money maker. And start a company that distributes slimming products … guaranteed a winner.

Wow! Only the fine people on this forum could find a way to shit on ice cream.

Hope you all feel the bigger man now, what’s next flipping Santa the bird?

Oh come on, it’s frigging ice cream, there are for sure places in Taipei that serve similar if not better ice cream than DQ. it’s not the holy grail of ice cream.

It’s some sort of franchise or chain store. I don’t get the attraction to chain stores myself but it seems Americans in particular grew up eating from lots of chains. That’s the long and the short of it. Taiwan is also rampant with chain restaurants.

Me I like my ice cream from a van on the beach.

Those old time independent soda fountains dairy stores sounded interesting though.

Its a wonder this site has any advertising the way the people just shit on every venture that comes forth. There are a ton of Dairy Queens in Thailand and they for the most part seem busy. No, its not the best ice cream on the planet, but outside of beef noodle what exactly are you people getting the ‘best of’ in Taipei anyways?

I’m not in Taipei so it’s all a MOOt point to me.
I eat freshly made ice cream with real fruit in a local mom and pop store …it does the trick.
Thai ice cream can be great, love their durian and tropical fruit flavours. Indian ice cream rocks aswell.

You can say that again. Even at comic book guy standards F-coms “regulars” are about as miserable as you can get. Unless it comes from your little armpit of the world its obviously shit and you must waste infinite hours shitting on it. Stop projecting I say. Cut the pony tail, lose that extra 70 pounds, and do something productive for a living. Come on! I know you can do it!

There are all types of opinion, celebrating a fast food chain that has 1000s of franchises is a bit strange for some, normal for others who have sentimental feelings about it.

It reminds me of a poster on here a couple of years ago who listed all the food and food joints he missed from his hometown, they were all chains. That stuck out to me.

What sticks out to me is the fact that people from outside North America try and pretend that the people in their country aren’t eating the same fucking processed garbage Americans do. What sticks out further is that they pretend to be aloof when discussing these places, even though they probably have many in their own cities, and what stick out even further is they think they come off as somehow a better person (and not an uber-douche) because they speak ill of these places. Its the same people that probably hit up Taiwanese Mackey Dees about thrice weekly and slurp enough Coca Cola to make a dentist shiver.