Dairy Queen Taipei Grand Opening

Grand Opening December 26, 2013 @ 11am

#29 zhong Shan North Road 7th Section Taipei Taiwan 111

台北市中山北路七段29號12/26號以後就吃得到Dairy Queen 了哦。11am開始營業。來個巧克力蘸醬 冰淇淋吧。

Spent some time there this afternoon to help with the testing and training of the staff. Taste is spot on.

They will have a full assortment of desserts such as Blizzards, Shakes, Sundaes, Cones (dipped and not), Ice Cream Cookies, Ice Cream Cakes, etc.

They will not, however, have hot food or drinks at the moment.

Tienmu? Hope they can last. These western places need to be smart and set up shop where the people are.

I love DQ. but living in Taipei as do so many millions of other people, will rarely or never drive or take public transport all the way there. Please open a shop in Taipei.

Fantastic! Kids will love it.

Weird time of year to open an ice cream store.

No crap burgers and stale fries to go with the mediocre soft serve? Oh darn it

Don’t know if this is why DQ are opening in winter, but last year a frozen yoghurt store opened in winter in Tianmu. I asked the laoban about it and he said it was to give them a few months to make sure the staff are properly trained and efficient, and any early bugs get sorted out before the summer crowds arrive.

Cool! I’ll go check it out.

More American sugary shite.*

*admits has never been to a Dairy Queen but can guess its like a donut in a cup. If like the frozen ‘yoghurt’ place will be interesting to see what they call milk there?

Wow, that’s impressive. Someone actually thinking ahead and wanting to provide good service. I was wondering about opening in December, too.

It’s not impressive, it’s the minimum requirement to train staff.

I don’t mind the milkshakes but even back in Canada I can only tolerate Dairy Queen once a month as it is too sugary.
The one near my house did not have burgers and fries but I doubt people go to Dairy Queen for burgers and fries anyway, it’s certainly not known for that.

Always enjoyed a DQ burger when I visited Canada. I hope they have them available eventually here too.

Really strange how some people can dream and salivate over junk food. It’s the sugar and fat that does the trick.

Responses to dumb posts were sent from my Nexus 7, I hate Apple BTW, with Tapatalk 8

It’s funny you mention that.

I have tried to quit eating junk food for years but it has been impossible. When I’m in a rush or stressed, I default back to junk food. When I tried to quit, I felt like absolute garbage for the entire week so I went back to eating it again. It’s pretty damn addictive.

Ever consider something like Soylent for times when you are rushed?

Green or Red?

It would be the first time I hear someone complain about junk food chain stores showing up somewhere … like, why the hell do they follow me around the globe?

Responses to dumb posts were sent from my Nexus 7, I hate Apple BTW, with Tapatalk 8

:eh:
Oh, please!
While I have the utmost respect for those that treat their body as some sort of temple, there are quite a few of the rest of us that do not mind a healthy dose of poison now and again. Why should we of the gratification pact listen to what would appear to be crusading moralising dietary fascists? Who wants to live forever, when the here and now, is right here and now, and might even taste damn fine?

Not everything is about the chemical composition of stuff, but is proven that smells and flavor trigger a lot of memories, that is what people also buy on these kind of old brands, a lot of people will never get it when they try it for the first time obviously, but for me is a trip back in time.

Agreed. And here’s the thing: if you have your diet and fitness dialed in then an occasional treat won’t hurt. The trick is “occasional.” I get up there a couple of times a year and will likely stop by when I can.

Funny story, I got to spend a lot of time with world famous fitness guru Steve Maxwell when we hosted him here. He loves movies so I took him many times. To my shock, he ordered a large popcorn. I asked him how he maintained his six pack by eating that. He said he’d just make it his dinner. Treats should be part of life. There’s ways to make it work.