Dancing for the Dead in Taiwan - Funeral Strippers

Hey another Taiwanese “tradition” makes it on the world stage?

wHAT do you think bout all this?

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … -dead.html

the tits are a present for the deceased…

Noah Buchan who writes good stuff for the TT on folk culture in Taiwan had an interview with the prof a few weeks ago:

taipeitimes.com/News/feat/ar … 2003507026

A-W-E-S-O-M-E.

A-very-excellent-show-of-mammaries-eh?

1 Like

All I know is, regardless of where I die and where my funeral is, I want there to be strippers at my ceremony.

Then again, with my current mind and maturity level, I’d probably want strippers at my wedding.

Personally, when I go I want the brass band and the crying girls in burlap.

What about a big lebowski ceremony??

I got mixed emotions about rubbing one out at a funeral, not to say I won’t do it, just afraid of what might run through my mind at a critical moment. What if I really like it? This may be how creepy fetishes begin.

What do I think? I think it would have been better if they’d, like, included an actual funeral. I’ve seen plenty. None of those clips were anything whatsoever to do with funerals. Fucking ignorant parachute “journalists” proving that they’re several times more ignorant peasant hicks than the people they’re supposeddly “reporting” on.
“I’m WAY more stupid than any of these little far-away brown people I’m making my salary off.”

sandmans right, those actual two clips were NOT from funerals. The journos bending the truth again.

They’re working for the Daily Mail. Nobody in their right mind would describe such employees as “journalists” or even lowly “reporters.”

Your average Daily Mail reader probably thinks Taiwan is in South-East Asia, and they are regarded as quite intelligent people in the UK, which speaks volumes.

What? Taiwans NOT in South East Asia?? :smiley: Course the “Asians” Brits refer to often mean Pakistani or Indian. Which us “real” Asians refer to simply as Pakistani or Indian. :lol

Oh i forgot we are EAST ASIANS, not just simply Asians.

Agree, none of those videos is from a funeral. They are religious ceremonies, temple openings, parades, festivals, etc. I’ve attended two weddings and one temple grand opening in south and central Taiwan and watched the strippers along with entire families while slurping on a bowl of noodles. I find it especially interesting when the strippers finish and approach the head table and very humbly walk around and shake everyones hand including bride, groom, grandma, little kids, etc. Then they run off to a waiting car to head out and dance at the next wedding or event.

While attending a temple opening in rural Chiayi county, It was funny to watch the Chinese Opera performers and strippers leave the stages and get into a fight because they were competing for attention from the crowds. Both had their volume max’d out and were doing anything they could to draw an audience. I think it was mostly a matter of pride. The strippers finally ended up with the audience. Chinese Opera will never die, but I guess it just isn’t as popular as it used to be.

thats why i love Taiwan, its one big floating contradiction. weddings, at least the good ones, even have the stripper walk to each table (like a toast) and give a flash of the pink down under. full on nudity. Its interesting how these grandmas and parents hit their kids for having a boyfriend/girlfriend etc before they graduate high school and punish them severely for doing so, but they are cool to have strippers around lol.

have heard fo strippers at funerals, but never seen one. Have seen dancer/singers at funerals, and when they do their march to the temple ceremony thing, that is kind of neat. They hired crying people, to be honest, freaks me out more than the strippers. Just seems like the dead person must not had any family love them to need someone to be paid to be sad for them.

I doubt it ever happens, but has anyone ever seen a male stripper at a funeral/wedding/temple type deal?

2 Likes

Become a Pastafarian. Our afterlife has a beer volcano and a stripper factory.

That’s Thailand.

Thailand again.

teakdoor.com/living-in-thailand- … ttaya.html

1 Like

Does anybody know how to find these stripper funerals, i want to attend one for research purposes.

2 Likes

I think it died out.

2 Likes

Meet friends who have family in South, preferably Changhua. Start going to funerals with them.

The stripper part is mostly gone, but pole dancers still do their thing if called.

Also, hit some temple festivals in the south.

2 Likes