Danhai LRT line now open

nothing wrong with trams but i think the new ones are not well designed. trams should be easy to hop on and off and not slow. otherwise whats the appeal?

Mostly just platforms.

For lazy people? Lots of appeal.

1 Like

a scooter would be easier for the lazy. if you want people to choose public transport over scooters then it better do a good job.

Nope, need to park it somewhere!

Or charge for scooter parking, which will start next year.

Old people, kids, tourists and plenty of adults don’t really want to ride scooters. Scooters are pretty shit when it’s pouring rain or blazing hot or if you just don’t want to deal with the craziness of the roads.

Anyway that LRT was mostly designed to boost property prices and development of the area.

2 Likes

really? its a problem? last time i checked there was free parking on every available piece of land. i do live in xinbei though. things might be better in the middle section of taipei.

I think it’s already too much like a mini-MRT except that this mini-MRT has traffic lights to contend with, it stops at every station, making the buses faster. The buses dont stop if nobody is there or nobody wants to get off.

1 Like

I took rode on it on the weekend while in Tamsui, and it was pretty good.

When I wanted to go back to Tamsui from Hongshulin there was a 1 hour wait because everyone wants to line up to try it out because it is free. I made other arrangements instead.

Is there a reason why this line is elevated? Wouldn’t it be cheaper to put it on street level to save all the fancy stations and stuff?

I did ride it once and honestly I think I rather take the bus. The tram is too slow and I don’t know if it’s because they are being cautious since they never ran a LRT line before.

The all pass ticket allows me to take any bus and MRT lines with impunity anyways. I just don’t like the bus as much because sometimes they like to floor the accelerator when moving and slam on the brake when stopping. I seen this a lot on buses back in the states so is this a common problem with buses?

1 Like

The entire track should be elevated. Dealing with traffic makes it no better than a bus.

Currently completed part of the KLRT is fine as is though because most crossings are just for small private streets and parking lots. 2nd half (if it will ever be done) is going to be crap because it goes through Zuoying.

What’s the story with that? Some lines are down and stations too and just seem to be growing weeds.

Korea Fish (aka CCP puppet) basically canceled the project the second he got into office. I think it’s still officially in limbo but effectively dead until he is replaced.

…Because he has a better idea of…What?
Pineapple powered carts ?

Reminds me of when the DPP mayor cancelled the bus rapid transport when he was selected in Taichung.
No reason really, just because it was a Jason Hu project .

2 Likes

Trump vs Obamacare…same shit.

there was good reason to cancel BRT. they basically thought hey, MRT is expensive. lets use buses instead. thats not B.R.T. thats B.U.S.

1 Like

Yeah but it’s already working and you don’t cancel stuff when you don’t have an MRT for another 12 or 15 years lol.

In the end they kept it as rapid transit line which works fairly well actually.

you can still use it. just hop on a bus in taichung, and you are using “BRT”…