Daniel Dae Kim and Grace Park quit Hawaii five O

Apparently they left due to being payed less than their 2 other white co-stars by 10-15%. Shame, I love Daniel Dae Kim in lost and he is a ridiculously handsome guy, and grace park on Battle star galactica was perfect. One of my favorite shows, don’t think i’ll be watching with 2 out of 4 main characters gone this way without being written off properly. It was already going down hill, but these two were much better actors in my opinion. Both played in major roles in cult classics.

I am sure if they got Jacky Chan to join for one season, hed be paid more than Caan. Simple fact is these two arent a Caan. Nothing to do with race.

Who knew about Alex O’Loughlin before this role? Lost was a huge success and BSG is a cult classic.

2 Likes

O My God?!

Well known in Australian film circles. Also starred in Hollywood movies with marque stars.

Interesting. I like Kim as an actor, but I always thought he was pretty goofy-looking. I was a little surprised when a female friend said she thought he was good-looking, but apparently some guys feel the same way too. Is he considered good-looking by Korean standards?

IDK actually how Korean girls feel about him. I know they were a little critical of his korean accent in Lost which I found pretty damn good for someone who isn’t from Korea. But most girls love his cheek bone and jaw line from what they told me. I knew one girl who met him in person and said he looked even better in person. He’s also 48 mind you.

1 Like

He’s definitely in great shape for his age. I think we can agree on that. Better end this conversation before people start getting the wrong idea though. :smirk:

1 Like

You can’t stop watching Hawaii 5-0 if you’ve never watched it in the first place. #rollsafe

But seriously, I like both actors and they both deserve better roles than this tired garbage. Also when will network suits realize that dumping beloved actors from a once popular show always signals the kiss of death? Guarantee they did more damage long-term in cutting half their original cast loose than they would’ve if they just gave the extra 10% in salary demands. Plus, the optics are frankly terrible. They will get savaged for this and deservedly so. The 8th season will be the last for sure and the show will go out on a low note. I wonder if they’ll get a couple token Asians to fill in. Maybe DDK’s long lost brother or something else befitting a typical long-in-the-tooth network show cliche.

1 Like

I don’t know how he’s considered by Korean standards, but he’s one of several actors on Lost who had me slightly shifting my self-assessment of where I stood on the sexuality spectrum.

That show was weird. I could totally accept polar bears and smoke monsters on a tropical island as part of the world of the show - but a random assortment of people on a flight being so incredibly good-looking? That was the biggest problem I had for suspension of disbelief.

I can see where you’re coming from. I didn’t really find any of the actresses attractive, but Naveen Andrews and Henry Ian Cusick are both fine specimens of the male sex. I’m pretty sure I’m not gay, but if I were, well…

Jeez on the both of you.
That’s exactly what I thought too, about all 3 of those guys. Mr. Whatsisname too, while we’re at it, that one guy who played Wombose in The first Jason Bourne and The Mummy Too, I’d cook him dinner.

I boycrushed on Naveen and his badass WWII Army motorbike all the way back in The Hinglish Patient, though, it should be said.

Daniel Dae Kim Lewis isn’t just good looking, though, I find him very engaging to watch too.
But that little Grace Park doesn’t blow no wind up me kilt, frankly, she just comes across as another generic pretty hot ABK girl. In fact, I watched BSG and HF-O and never even realized she was the same girl.
She’s no Deputy Vic friggin Moretti, I’ll tell you that.

Yeah, gotta say I like her a lot more in Longmire than I did in BSG.

Looks like we may need to start a club. We can call it “Straight Guys Who Perv on Hot Actors But Totally Aren’t Gay…Really! We Swear!” Or SGWPHA for short.

FIFY

(Straight Guys Who Perv on Hot Actors But Totally Aren’t Gay…Really! We Swear! Not That There’s Anything WRONG With That!)

1 Like

I appreciate the sentiment, but you have to admit it’s a bit unwieldy. May have to hire a consultant to come up with a snappy backronym.

The real question is how you liked her in that one Riddick movie? You know, that one part??

I’m sure I don’t know what you mean…

Me three!!