Daniel Pearl Day of Music, Sat. Oct. 25, TaipeiArtistVillage

The C in ICRT obviously doesn’t stand for community. When is someone going to take a big stick to this pathetic institution. Although perhaps nobody actually listens to it anymore, at least nobody from the “international community”.

Is this pretty much a family event? Is it non-smoking?

yes, we definitely encourage families and kids to come.

we have a beautiful, large outdoor courtyard so smoking won’t be a problem.

from our experience in the past, kids really like music and the chance
to cut loose. every year we get about 10-15 kids and they have the
chance to interact in a safe atmosphere, free of cars and traffic.

we will try to get some games for them to play during the day.

bull

Is ICRT banned from playing at this event? If so, I’ll be there.

They have live music. No-one brings a radio.

They have live music. No-one brings a radio.[/quote]

:roflmao:

Break a leg ! Let’s have a gud un. Please remember all of the journo’s that risk all to enhance our lives and to expose all.

Will they have the Daniel Pearl Necklace concession again?

Pretty off-colour, that one, doc. :s

Does anyone know if there will be traffic controls around the area today, and if so, when?

Break legs, Sandy et al! I’m there in spirit!

HG

I’m here now. It’s quite pleasant.

Pretty off-colour, that one, doc. :s

Does anyone know if there will be traffic controls around the area today, and if so, when?[/quote]
No Pearl Jam?

Well I just wanted to thank everyone that participated on Saturday. Great event as usual, great bands, great setting and a good crowd.

Shame about the electricity cutting out and the problems with the mixing (especially affecting 2 Acres Plowed), but I think everyone had a great time nevertheless.

Thanks.

P.S. Unfortunately I didn’t get to see more than 2 minutes of Stevie Ray, what with the event being about an hour and a half behind schedule. That always seems to happen. :frowning:

I really enjoyed myself and took along a couple of visiting friends. I really loved the last band, especially the encore Jimi with neighbors hanging over the balcony on the phone.

I can’t help thinking this event has so much more potential tho. It would be great to see it turned into bit of a brews + food + music festival, and promoted a bit more to get attendance up.

[quote=“Truant”]I really enjoyed myself and took along a couple of visiting friends. I really loved the last band, especially the encore Jimi with neighbors hanging over the balcony on the phone.

I can’t help thinking this event has so much more potential tho. It would be great to see it turned into bit of a brews + food + music festival, and promoted a bit more to get attendance up.[/quote]
Whoops I said something similar last year.

[quote=“irishstu”]Well I just wanted to thank everyone that participated on Saturday. Great event as usual, great bands, great setting and a good crowd.

Shame about the electricity cutting out and the problems with the mixing (especially affecting 2 Acres Plowed), but I think everyone had a great time nevertheless.

Thanks.

P.S. Unfortunately I didn’t get to see more than 2 minutes of Stevie Ray, what with the event being about an hour and a half behind schedule. That always seems to happen. :frowning:[/quote]

Exactly. Thanks to all. Good music, people, weather, beer . . .
I noticed Stevie Ray was jammin’ with some friends indoors around 8:00. Was he on stage sometime before 2 Acres Plowed?

Good fun and yeah, that power thing really was a tough one but hey, we never mind being the one to show everyone that murphy’s law is still around… lol

Stevie ray went on after David Chen and MBR, though yeah, they were jamming in that room in the back for quite some time before.

Great venue, look forward to playing again there in the future.