Date ideas for Taichung?

Any ideas for dates in big T-Town? I lived in Taipei most my time in TW so aren’t too well versed.

The lass enjoys live music, romantic walks, videogames and the odd drink.

Walking through the Calligraphy Greenway
Gaomei Wetlands (little bit of a trek)
Take the train up to Tai’An and cycle around the countryside/flower market
Rainbow Village
Dakeng Hike

1 Like

at nighttime, the Dadu nightview plateau! but ull need a motorcycle or to bike to get there, and Idk if it’s in gogoro service (so u’d have to pay for it, but you wouldn’t want to end the ride because you’d need that gog to get back down unless there are some ubikes nearby?)

Yizhong 商圈 has free live music (although donations are always nice) most nights until like 9-10, but it’s always a roll of the dice if it’s going to be something interesting or just another girl or guy with a good singing voice basically doing karaoke for an audience which bores the life out of me. But some nights they have better acts; i saw some people playing the guzheng last time i was there lol.

I’ve had a hard time with bars in TZ. I like KC Cafe because of the cigars and drinks, but obivously the cigar part of this might not be a winner for most. Indoor smoking; it doesn’t smell like an ashtray, but it is smokey. A lot of the other cocktail bars look or felt a bit too stuffy or just didn’t make good drinks. I can recommend Taihu for food and drinks, and I’ve gone to Sunmai for drinks quite a few times. The Sunmai location in general is a pretty nice little area; also there, but I haven’t gone, is a on draft cocktail bar, which is kinda interesting, worth noting that the entrance is this weird (maybe wooden) door that makes it look like the place isn’t open or something but it is. Sunmai is also near the calligraphy greenway and the civil park, which makes it fairly convenient.

If ur looking to excersize ur mind and body u could ubike down to Wufeng Lin manor, which is pretty fucking spectacular. Not too far away is the 921 museum. Twofer.

The little river walk not so far from the train station is kinda nice.

if shes into arcade game type things, I know there’s one around Yizhong, but no recollection of name or where. I’ll try and find it lol

u work in the bike industry?

wat?