Date Ideas

I’m trying to find some good places to take dates (also just places to go with friends). I already know that riding a bike along the river and going to a coffee shop are options. I’d like to find things that are active, rather than the standard dinner-drink date, but not so active that you’d be sweating on the first date. VR, bowling, mini golf, darts, pool halls, things like these.
Whee! near 101 is mini golf and it’s not too bad, I’ve been there I think that place is better suited for a group of friends to go.
E7Play isn’t bad but it’s kind of difficult to get a bowling lane. Are there other bowling alleys in Taipei/New Taipei?
Darts and VR are fairly easy to find on Google.
Are there any pool halls that aren’t full of cigarette smoke?

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated, cheers!

1 Like

Museums, open mic nights? Hang out at Vinyl Decision?

2 Likes

Live music would be good. Are there many places in Taipei with live music? Open mic or not
Any museums you’d recommend?
I’ve never heard of Vinyl Decision but I’ll check it out. Looks like it could be good.

1 Like

Pool halls are always pretty smoky, not a great date.

Hiking and rock climbing were my gotos. First dates where you do get sweaty are the best kind. And it’s a good filter – you don’t want to date someone who doesn’t like hiking.

5 Likes

I’ve been to a ton of pool halls in Taipei, and not once have I seen smoking.

1 Like

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Some kind of public mental breakdown followed by giving her discount tickets to a street fight.

Never fails.

1 Like

Sweating on a first date means it was a …

3 Likes

Me too. Smoking was stopped in pool halls like ten or so years ago.

Pool halls where? I’m guessing Taipei.

Go to any pool hall in Taoyuan and it will be smoky af. Smoking bans are ignored.

2 Likes

If you don’t know them, a first date should be to find out if they are either nuts, a gold digger, a professional dater or a time waster. No longer than an hour at a coffee shop.
If they pass with no red flags, start looking at ‘date ideas’

1 Like

Huh. I mean, yeah, but I haven’t noticed that actually preventing anyone from smoking. People just have to use a paper cup instead of an ashtray now.

Maybe you guys know better pool halls than I do.

Pool hall I go to now and then is always smoky. I’m sure some are stricter

Where are these pool halls that aren’t full of smoke? Like the Google map location? I’ve only ever been to ones full of smoke.
Coffee shop maybe works for you but I find sitting there and chatting to be incredibly boring.

Depends on your own preferred style, naturally, but the surroundings of Sappho’s can be a cool choice, live music (jazz, blues) , not so loud you can’t hear each other, easy going, cosmopolitan crowd.
And it’s on Linsen N.Rd. in caseyou need to look for something more wild and sweaty afterwards!

I went to a place called Blue Note once, was really good

where is that, what style?

All the pools halls I know, I’ve noticed in reviews from 2-3 years ago people complained about them being smokey, but at some point (Covid maybe) they stopped. But it’s not the mask rules preventing people from smoking because most people aren’t wearing masks in pool halls

I go to
G Club in Ximen. It’s on the same floor as another one that’s always much busier.
One at Zhongxiao Dunhua, at exit 2
One near Main Station at exit M3
One near Datong Sports Center
One in Xinyi Anhe, S of Xinyi Road
One near Guting MRT

I dunno names cause they’re probably in Chinese :man_shrugging:

Red Line to Tamsui (end of the line), walk around, classic dating spot.

Guy

Taipei, jazz bar. My first time in Taipei found it randomly but had a good time

Blue note
02 2362 2333

1 Like